Texas police chief shot dead during traffic stop

news.yahoo.com/texas-police-chief-shot-dead-during-traffic-stop-041459378.html

“Joshua Manuel Lopez, 24, was taken into custody on charges of capital murder of a police officer, Pamerleau said. When Lopez was stopped, he was wanted on a misdemeanor warrant for graffiti, she said.”

I read about this police chief’s senseless murder.
Very sad.

Praying for the repose of his soul.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

For his friends and family:

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve:
to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us,
and after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

For Miguel:

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

My Jesus, mercy!

So, is Al Sharpton heading to Bexar County to minister to those in need?

Exactly pnewton
I have been stewing about this since the news broke.
Where is the media?
Where are the WH representatives?
And where is Al Sharpton?
Crimes against our law enforcement happen all the time. Who is caring?
And what about the weekend news about Pres. Obaman questioning local law enforcement accessing military equipment? If local law does not get it? Who will?bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-23/obama-said-to-order-audit-of-military-gear-used-by-police.html

I share the view that Sharpton is more of a divider than a uniter.

What a great chief being out there in the field with his workers,

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord.

Indeed, we had a police officer shot and killed a few weeks ago (just a week for for the Ferguson incident). It was a traffic stop, and the guy just popped out of his car and shot the officer. The community really rallied behind the police and his family (left a wife and 2 teenage daughters), he was the most veteran officer on the force in that city (a suburb of Saint Paul). People lined the funeral procession route as the hearse drove to the cemetery. As such, I don’t think there has been much sympathy for the victim in the Ferguson incident around here.abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-held-minnesota-officer-killed-traffic-stop/story?id=24781737

I remember hearing about that. Tragic, really. :frowning:

I don’t think the support for Michael Brown’s side of the story is that popular. I think there’s a solid, silent majority on the side of Officer Wilson’s story.

Perhaps if they hadn’t already arrested the creep who shot him he would. The difference, of course, is that black people can’t assume their white murderers will be charged! I will care about this when they indict that officer who put six bullets in an unarmed teenager!

That assumes he was murdered, which requires evidence. Of course he will be indicted if the evidence supports a crime was committed. But then, I don’t believe that garbage that race somehow determines when a person will be charged with murder.

Wow. That is horrible. :frowning:

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.