Text of Notre Dame Honorary Degree Praises Barack Obama, Excludes Abortion

Text of Notre Dame Honorary Degree Praises Barack Obama, Excludes Abortion

South Bend, IN – The text of the honorary degree President Barack Obama will receive on Sunday at the Notre Dame graduation ceremony lauds the president on some political issues. However, it fails to mention Obama’s extensive pro-abortion record and his faith to uphold the pro-life teachings of the Catholic Church.

Full story at: LifeNews.com/state4141.html

“A community organizer who honed his advocacy for the poor, the marginalized and the worker in the streets of Chicago, he now organizes a larger community, bringing to the world stage a renewed American dedication to diplomacy and dialogue with all nations and religions committed to human rights and the global common good,”

The real miracle here is that Notre Dame published this with a straight face.

I see no issue with the quote. I respect the work that Obama did as a community organizer. It was one of the main reasons that I voted for him. You just don’t see people in Washington that have real world experience like that.

:dts:So sad.

~Liza

A community organizer who specializes in community destruction. Oh, yes, it all makes sense now.

American dedication to diplomacy and dialogue with all nations and religions committed to human rights and the global common good…

Yes, he’s committed to “dialogue with … religions committed to human rights” but only if those “rights” contain the “right” to kill babies. He’s currently taking away the rights of doctors to obey their consciences and refuse to provide abortifacients and refuse to perform abortions. He has already forced everyone, through tax dollars, to fund abortions.

Yup, dedicated to human rights. :rolleyes:

Apparently Notre Dame doesn’t consider the right to life and the right to conscientious objection to be human rights. Notre Dame is a disgrace. I’m glad I went to a pagan school (Michigan), at least they never pretended to be anything other than pagan.

Now I understand why my sister lost her faith when she went to that school.

Shame on both administrations. They are calling good evil and evil good.

The language used by Notre Dame is nothing less than I expected at this point. I was very encouraged by the words of Alan Keyes. He is great at articulating his thoughts. Had he been a super liberal marxist he could have been the first black president.

Really? I would be quite embarrassed if I voted for a man who wants to force me to pay for the murder of one million per year. Different strokes I suppose…

Obama has done no more or less than those before him to reduce the number of abortions in this country.

The conservative Catholics are cracking down on him because he is a democrat. Same as liberal Catholics came down on Bush.

Let’s call politics “politics”.

I notice you’re restricting your comparison to exclude his going out of his way to INCREASE abortions in other countries. Gee that’s convenient.

The conservative Catholics are cracking down on him because he is a democrat. Same as liberal Catholics came down on Bush.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that.

The tactic of Obama supporters is to insist that this all just politics. As if he were a Republican voting for live birth abortions conservative Catholics would gather around and applaud.

It’s total intellectual bankruptcy to accuse conservative Catholics of politicizing this. Conservative Catholics didn’t invite him to receive a degree honoring his achievement in organizing communities while voting to carve up the same community’s gasping infants before throwing them in the trash. If there’s any lesson to be learned from this, it’s that pro-choice Catholics are dazzled by shiny objects and have a problem differentiating between the evil of murder and setting up a community center.

If you’re Catholic… :manvspc:

The “text” of the speech by the valdictorian will also praise the president. She was interviewed by a Fox reporter tonight on Greta’s show. This future physician was so proud of the president. She used the talking points of the Honorary Degree praises.

:wink: I agree. Obama isn’t a christian. At least he doesn’t represent christian views.
Abortion and homosexuality to name two.
He didn’t get my vote based on these two christian principles.

jean

Not really—that’s just plain incorrect. This president declared in front of God that he would procure an abortion for his own daughter.

:nope:

Sad, sad, sad.

My heart is filled with a deep grief at what is happening to Notre Dame. So many have chosen lies over truth. I can’t find words to express my sadness at this.

I don’t suppose she has consulted with any of these people.

Big woop! They’re honoring a vehemently pro-abortion man and that is disgusting enough! :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.