Thank you Apple/Steve Jobs!

I recently read Apple banned all sex apps in the app store :D

Morality: 1
Mainstream sex: 0

Thank you Apple/Steve Jobs for instituting this ban! :thumbsup:

Just thought I should share this :)

Note: while most sex apps are gone, there are several 'risky' apps (somehow playboy made it under the radar :confused:) But all the bad stuf is outta there! :)

Good Lutheran boy. S

I wouldn’t pop the Champaign cork quite yet. I heard that they are just clearing those apps out and will recatorgize them in a new “Explicit” category.

[quote="coolduude, post:1, topic:188986"]
I recently read Apple banned all sex apps in the app store :D

Morality: 1
Mainstream sex: 0

Thank you Apple/Steve Jobs for instituting this ban! :thumbsup:

Just thought I should share this :)

Note: while most sex apps are gone, there are several 'risky' apps (somehow playboy made it under the radar :confused:) But all the bad stuf is outta there! :)

[/quote]

I believed this happened about a week ago. You can read a little more about it here.

Apparently playboy is a "well-known company with previously published material available broadly in a well-accepted format" according to Phil Schille (who's in Apple's marketing department I guess). They said they were getting complaints from women who were getting sick of being objectified.

I don't have an iPhone (don't need one), but I do have a Macbook and I really like Apple's software and OS, so it's always nice when Apple does something good.

[quote="PrayHarder, post:3, topic:188986"]
I wouldn't pop the Champaign cork quite yet. I heard that they are just clearing those apps out and will recatorgize them in a new "Explicit" category.

[/quote]

I think I read that they were already in an explicit rating, but the App store would still show anyone the preview of the app because apparently it's not setup to have segregated sections. Like even if people had parental controls set they could still see them but couldn't buy them. So as of now they're gone and unless Apple re-writes the App store to have a whole different section then they won't be back.

They are keeping the Playboy App though

^Well, it’s still up in the air what the fate of all this is…But I still am now a Mac-er because of this:

Bill Gates is one of Planned Parenthood’s primary donors.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.