Thank You Everyone

Maybe not the best place for this thread, but…

I just spent the entire day at “work” reading through ajk19’s thread about the Eucharist.

I, like ajk19, have hit some difficult times in recent days. Through prayer faith and persistance, I’m making progress. I like many Catholics out there grew up believing, but not truly understanding our faith.

I won’t go into details about it, but the event in my life shook me to my very foundation. So much so that I was toying with leaving the church for another denomination. Then I asked myself…if not Catholic…where? Then I did the research…

Needless to say, it was the “shakeup” in my life that caused me to really search for the “why’s” of Catholicism. I began to doubt, question and search for meaning. I bought books. I talked to priests. I prayed longer and harder. By doing those things…my faith is stronger now than ever before. I learned so many new and wonderful things about Catholicism. I am by NO MEANS an expert, but I now understand WHY I had to go through what I did. I needed to find out if my foundation was built on rock or sand, Matthew 7:24-27. I am proud to say that after the rains fell, the floods came and the winds blew…I am still standing tall. So I answered my own question and found out for myself.

And by the grace of God and the years of wisdom I have found in reading many of your posts and links (ChurchMilitant, mercygate, MannyFit…the list goes on…) my prayers and questions are being answered and clarified.

ajk19…I just turned 35 last week and I am STILL learning. Hang in there. We all have to go through our own crucifixion to get to that resurrection in our own lives. Listen to what these people tell you. Many of them have forgotten more than you and I know. Follow their links and research. Our religion is not easy, but it is right. I know some texts, links, posts and books can get heady and boring at times, but fight through it, because the wisdom these people have to offer is invaluable and I thank God that they are here!

Merry Christmas to you all and thank you so much! You have helped me more than you will ever know.

David
Surprise, AZ

Try this you will love it. it is a short short bible study of the sacrafice of the Mass

YOU will LOVE it.

salvationhistory.com/online/beginner/begcourse2_home.cfm

Thanks for letting us know David. It’s very rewarding and inspiring to hear about the renewal of someones faith.

Let that be a lesson to all of us. Sometimes it get’s frustrating in these forums where it seems like :banghead:

But there might be at least one person quietly listening who the Holy Spirit is working on. Thanks be to God! :extrahappy:

Classic. I already ordered this book and it is on its way! Great minds think alike! Thanks and CHRISTmas blessings!

SO true…you never know who is reading these posts and where they are at in their own walks.

Thank you Fidelis. Fellow Arizona greetings and Merry CHRISTmas!

David, thank you for your wonderful post. Your testimony is a great example of the Holy Spirit at work. God bless you and Merry Christmas! :slight_smile:

David,

I have tears in my eyes.

Yes: only through the cross do we reach Him.

Your words are Peter’s words: “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”

Faith that is tested is strong.

Godspeed, my brother, and may His grace guide your search and abundantly bless you.

Thanks for letting us know, David!! :slight_smile:

As someone once pointed out, we aren’t really writing for the hard-heads who start these threads - we’re writing for the lurkers - the people who could learn something, if we present ourselves properly. :tiphat:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.