THANK YOU JESUS our Priest is a REAL PRIEST!

His whole homily this morning was first a letter from our own Bishop of our Diocese about the abuse reports from Pennsylvania and then he read the letter that was made public by Bishop Morlino of the Madison Diocese concerning the Priest crisis. He didn’t mince words and he told it straight. He also spoke about homosexuality and what it is doing to society but especially our Church.

He also brought up the SAD DISGUSTING drag queen story time that will take place at the Lafayette Public Library in Lafayette, Louisiana soon for 3-6 year old innocent impressionable children.

THANK YOU JESUS for a good, holy, devout, true SON to serve you as our Priest. We need more men like this who are not afraid to speak the TRUTH no matter what. PLEASE pray for our Priest and all Priest out there who are ONLY about doing God’s will not their own and not what is popular or easy for them.

Very nice. Our Priest wove the scandal issues into the Bread of Life discourse issues this morning. Today’s Gospel includes John 6:68 which, to me at least, divorces the actions of fallen humans from what Christ and His church give us.

Fr. Thomas Loya also had a nice program on Light of the East, dealing with this topic.

God bless,

I attended the vigil last night and the priest really laid it out there. Denouncing the abuses in the strongest possible terms and letting us know that he stands with us in outrage.

He also used the readings to encourage us to stay. “as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.” My heart was burning as he spoke. Many people could barely squeak out the creed, fighting back tears. I have a renewed hope and conviction to pray for our church. While praying morning prayer the Lord reminded me of the following in 2 Chronicals 7:14:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Our priest did this, also. He talked about the heaviness of heart we feel watching the natural disasters, fighting in Nicaragua, and starving people in Venezuela, and for all the church scandal.

Then he talked about how upset he was when he heard some people recommending that people stop attending Mass. Wove in the disciples who walked away from Jesus because of His hard sayings, and then asked where would we be if all priests, bishops, and religious stopped coming to celebrate Mass.

Obviously, leaving the Church is not the answer. Where else can we go? Jesus has the words of Life.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.