Thank you, Lord, for this blessing in disguise

Thank you, Lord, for letting me fall over and hit my head, ending up in the Emergency department with a concussion.

Thank you, Lord, for the hospital protocol that every emergency patient must be hooked up to an EKG, which revealed that I was in atrial fibrillation.

Thank you, Lord, for the cardiologist who asked the right questions, thus discovering that I’ve had occasional episodes of a-fib for the past 15 years, without suspecting it, thus being in great danger of a stroke.

Thank you Lord, for the blood-thinning drugs that will keep me from dying of a stroke like my father, and from having a series of small ones, like my mother.

Thank you, Lord, and any time you need to remind me of your tender mercies, feel free to bang my head again! :heart::heart::heart:

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to people of good will.
We praise you, we bless you, we adore you, we glorify you,
We give you thanks for your great glory.
Lord God, heavenly King, O God, almighty Father.
Lord Jesus Christ, only begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father, you take away the sins of the world; have mercy on us; you take away the sin of the world; receive our prayer;
you are seated at the right hand of the Father; have mercy on us. For you alone are the Holy One, you alone are the Lord, You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit, in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
:crossrc:

Thank you Ruthie for sharing such heartwarming news with us.

I am joining you in saying Glory to the Lord.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen :signofcross:

Prayers of thanksgiving for blessings in disguise!~
Mary.

Amazing story and amazing grace! Prayers for your continued recovery.

Good for you Ruthie

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Joining you in thanksgiving. Your story reminded me of my sister. Last year my sister got hospitalized. My mom said that it could possible be a blessing in disguise, because the tests showed that the sgpt (?) level of her liver that was higher than normal. Now, that could have been cause by the sickness she contracted. On the other hand, my mom also thought that we found out about the sgpt level because of the tests. IOW, if she didn’t contracted the sickness, the liver condition would have been unknown. Up to now I couldn’t say for certain.

This is a very comforting post to read… I often find it hard to see God in times of anguish when in fact I’ve learnt that in those times we can be very close to him… I have a tendency to feel sorrow for myself and blame God for doing bad things without being able to see maybe the good sides in what has happened

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

I’ll join with you in thanking God for this.

My grandson flew over the handlebars and knocked himself out. A head Xray revealed that he had a large tumour in the back of his head, which was taken out, and he is now fine. It was found before it had caused any problems, We also thank you Lord.

that’s powerful stuff.

Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Amen.

:crossrc:

AMEN!

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.