Thank You Saint Anthony of Padua

Despite my frequent shortcomings and sinfulness, Saint Anthony of Padua has come to my aid today. Out of my own carelessness, I thought I lost a paycheque but thanks to Saint Anthony I found it. He really is the patron saint of missing items.

**Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Saint Anthony of Padua, **

Forgive me Jesus for my sins… I love you, you are my Lord, my King, my God and my Saviour. Help me to stay near you always.

*Saint Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find (mention your petition) which has been lost. As least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss.

To this favor I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen.*

1 Like

I need Saint Anthony’s help. I usually wear a crucifix that my dear Grandmother gave me before her death on my confirmation. It mysteriously has gone missing yesterday in my house and I know now that I have written this, it will probably turn up in the next few minutes!

God bless,
Bryan

God bless you for sharing this.

St. Anthony of Padua has helped me countless of times.

Lilsheep88, I really love this Prayer and maybe you will too.

Saint Anthony, Disperser of Devils

Dear St. Anthony, it is still as St. Peter said: The devil prowls about, lion-like, looking for someone to devour. I confess that I don’t always resist him; I sometimes toy with temptation. St. Anthony, Disperser of Devils, remind me of my duty to avoid all occasions of sin. May I always pray in temptation that I may remain loyal to my Lord Jesus. Pray for my other intentions, please. (Name them.)

1 Like

If I can interject a little self-promotion, I wrote a book with 88 miracles, past and present, about St. Anthony called “Powerful Miracles of St. Anthony” that has been very well received.

See my website for details.

stjoe4u2
www.CatholicChurchSaints.com

By all means… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saint Anthony gave me a little help this morning. I couldn’t find my prayer book anywhere and I asked Saint Anthony to help me find it. Well, I was trying to fall asleep but couldn’t and then when I got up, I found it! Of course its possible that I just misplaced it but I attribute finding it to Saint Anthony. Thanks Saint Anthony! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Lilsheep88 and to anyone else I most certainly ask for the intercession of St. Anthony of Padua and St. Jude and I also Pray the Express/Emergency Novena to Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta which can be read here:

Just Heard of a Fascinating Type of Novena

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=159637

Actions speak louder than words; let your words teach and your actions speak. We are full of words but empty of actions, and therefore are cursed by the Lord, since he himself cursed the fig tree when he found no fruit but only leaves. It is useless for a man to flaunt his knowledge of the law if he undermines its teaching by his actions. ~ St. Anthony of Padua

from saints.sqpn.com/saint-anthony-of-padua/

I have a relic of St Anthony of Padua which belonged to my mother .

I have hung it next to the keys by the door .

As I go out and come into the house I always touch it and seek his intercession .

St Anthony of Padua pray for us .

God bless you for sharing this. I also have a relic that I obtained for Free at an annual Marian Shrine it is said to have touched his tongue.

St. Anthony of Padua, Pray for us. Amen.

1 Like

I was looking for my daughter’s lost social security card. As I was fumbling through the stuff on my wife’s dresser top, I said the St. Anthony prayer.

Now, you have to know me. I am fiercely independent, and really hate to bother the saints for help. Sometimes, truth be told, after receiving the “NO” answer to so many prayers, I am prone to doubt their direct effect on our circumstances.

Not even one second, and I mean that literally, after finishing the prayer, I found her card in an extremely – let’s just say – unlikely place.

This kind of thing has happened to me several times now.

I feel like Peter in the boat with Jesus – “depart from me St. Anthony, for I am a sinful man”.

Only don’t ever leave.

May I suggest my humble book?

"Powerful Miracles of St. Anthony" contains over eight dozen stories of miraculous intercession by with him with God. You will read stories of how he raised a person from the dead in order to… Preaching to the fish in a lake… Find out how he became known as the Saint for finding lost objects. This book is perfect for the devotee of Saint Anthony or for the person just starting to learn about him. Need a miracle in your life? Ask Saint Anthony!

It is available in paperback or ebook format. Look at my website, CatholicChurchSaints.com for more details.

God bless you through the intercession of St. Anthony!

stjoe4u2

Saint Anthony of Padua as well as Saint Rita and Saint Jude helped me find my lost driver’s license the other day. It was in my car buried beneath some trash in my floor board. I did clean the car out and that’s how I found it.

Thanks, I feel compelled to learn more about St. Anthony. I can’t completely describe the significance of how God is working through him … I mean, *every time *I ask for his assistance it is NOT in blind faith. I am afraid that *this time *I will pray for his assistance and I WON’T find what I am looking for; and that there may have been something coincidental about the previous times that I DID find things. I justify my fear by thinking, “I don’t want to bother him right now”, but really I am afraid that I don’t truly believe that he is the one who helps me.

Such has been the case *each time *!!! … lost keys under a mountain of clothes, a stranger looking for a lost St. Christopher medal on a bike path, a lost locking lug nut key *deep in the center console of the car, *… but this one yesterday really hit me hard – I mean, there was NO WAY it was going to turn up where I was looking, NO WAY!!! … and yet immediately after finishing my prayer, *there it was *… the total improbability of it all, combined with all of the other times I remembered, just reduced me to sobbing on the floor. ON THE FLOOR!!

Maybe complete and total faith is easy for all of you, but it’s not for me. There is at the very core some irony in my tag line. Lord I believe, help my unbelief!

Thanks for the link.

I used to work for a non-denominational Christian Aboriginal school. It was housed in a building that used to be a convent dedicated to St. Anthony.

One day, we had a computer IT expert in to help us with some of our computer problems. He asked for a disk which was kept in a small 3 shelf cabinet. The admin assistant searched this cabinet for 20 minutes without finding it, so I said a quick audible prayer, “St. Anthony, please help us to find this disk.”

10 seconds later, she put her hand on it and said, 'You are not going to believe this…" and held it up.

What a great witness!

Thank you, St. Anthony.

Just got it from Amazon. So far, great book! Many details I did not know about. Bless you and thanks for writing it, and keeping the miracles alive.

It has been a real pleasure writing the book about St. Anthony! I’m so glad that you are enjoying it…it is a real labor of love.

St. Anthony, pray for us!

stjoe4u2
www.Catholicchurchsaints.com

God bless you for doing this stjoe4u2 I am just wondering are the books only available as e-books or can you get printed books as well? <-- I do apologize if it already states that on your website but I can’t seem to find it. :o :confused:

Would you mind if I passed your website on to my family and friends?

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all the nice words…“Powerful Miracles of St. Anthony” is available in paperback too at amazon.com/Powerful-Miracles-Of-Saint-Anthony/dp/1105343367/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338733561&sr=1-4

Please pass the word as you wish. It is exactly why I wrote the book.

stjoe4u2

I have many testimonies of answers to prayer, that were granted through the intercession of St. Anthony, in my free online book about answers to prayer.

Here is one of them.

The Nine Tuesdays in honour of St. Anthony
Clare was suffering from an affliction which had been ongoing for several years. She had prayed often about this and then Clare prayed a novena to Saint Philomena on daily basis for more than six months, but she did not receive a healing. Later on she carried out a devotion which is known as the Nine Tuesdays in honour of Saint Anthony.

This involves receiving Holy Communion for nine consecutive Tuesdays in honour of Saint Anthony. On the ninth Tuesday during the Mass (which was held in the evening), there was a huge thunderstorm and the electricity to the church was cut for a short while. The church was in darkness during this time, except for the lit candles, while this was happening Clare saw Saint Philomena. Because of this event, she knew that the healing would be granted. In due course Clare was healed of the affliction. (Saint Philomena, as well as Saint Anthony had interceded for the healing.)

Special note: The devotion of the Nine Tuesdays in honour of Saint Anthony, was started by people to honour Saint Anthony, but when the practice fell into disuse it was revived by Saint Anthony himself, who recommended it in a vision to a lady of Bologna, Italy in 1616. It is a great way of winning Saint Anthony’s assistance.

You can read my free online book which is entitled: Help from Heaven (Answers to prayer)
part one at:

missionbell.homestead.com/HelpFromHeavenBook.html

and at Part two:

missionbell.homestead.com/HelpFromHeavenBookPartTwo.html

June 13 was posted as the feast day for St. Anthony of Padua. I prayed to St. Anthony that day. I did some reading on St. Anthony also. I later read where June 30th is the feast day for St. Anthony. I will remember that date also. But what happened today was a real experience. I’m a Land Surveyor. I was surveying some property for some very nice christian people. The wife was home today as I was coming out of the bush. She asked I I would like some cold water. Yes Mam! How about a sandwich? Yes Man! We talked about her land. After lunch we walked to some key spots on her property. We got to talking about the bible. I used that chance to talk about Mary. I showed her my Rosary and MM Medal. My wedding ring was in my rosary purse being I hurt my ring finger cutting brush. It was a very enjoyable conversation. I finished and we parted. Riding home 3 o’clock came about. I got my rosary out for the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Oh My! My wedding ring was gone. I figured I must have flipped it out onto the floor or seat in my truck. I prayed the chaplet as I drove home. Once home I could not find my ring in the truck. Oh I was so sorrowful! I never take my ring off. The last time I remember seeing it was when I showed my rosary to my client. My wife told me to call the lady and ask her to look for it where I last saw it. In the short time before the call I prayed asking Mary for help. I then prayed asking Saint Anthony for help. Please help me find my ring! I called the lady asking her to look where we were next to her shop where we were talking bible. Her husband had made it home and she would go look and give me a call back. In a short time she called and said she and her husband saw the ring across the yard on top of the grass before they even got there. She will hold it until I get back there Monday.

Thank You Saint Anthony

Thank You Mary

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.