Thanks to you all

I will be joining the Catholic Church soon at Easter. I have spent most of my life Protestant and been to many churches but something was always missing about the service. I am one of these people that takes my faith seriously but I deeply feel God saved the best for last.
this new journey I am on has gone under the attach of family, friends,from every direction yet God has given me the will, strength to stand my ground and the answers to the questions of many.
I noticed again on the news here lately concerning the Catholic Church and the accusations of some of the Priest conduct.
My answer to this is: I am an American Indian, but I can not hate the Americans of today for what was done to all the Indians, how they were lied to, mistreated, and torn from their homes and died fighting to protect their land long ago. Should I be hated today?
Leaders of every country, have failed their people, and made mistakes.Judges, Lawyers, Police, Doctors,every day people and etc have taken bribes, cheated on their income tax, the list of wrongs are endless.
A person in any Christian Church commits these same crimes,do we blame the Church, the entire people that go there?
We have enough martyrs that have stained the steps of Christianity, threw out history.
I pray to our God that people would quit attacking any ones faith. If people would see themselves as God sees them, we all would hang our heads in shame and point our fingers at ourselves.
I didn’t change my faith when I decided to come into the Catholic Church, I came as a Christian, still a sinner, wanting to be a part of a service and prayers that drew me into God, not just on the out side looking in. Closer than I have ever been before and wanting to linger there when its time to go home.
I’ve embraced this new life even if I have to stand alone and believe me I have had much said against me, shunned and snubbed. I may not know the words or the ways like long time Catholics but it’s in my heart and I can leave each Mass knowing I have experienced being held in Gods presents.
God Bless you all for your support.

Welcome, autumn moon! :slight_smile:

I’m part Iroquois.

:blessyou:

I find your words much inspiring. Soon to be converts and converts in general always inspire me. Enjoy the journey!~
Mary.

That is such a true and humble statement (for all of us), God bless you on your journey to the Catholic Church! Here are some prayers for you:

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen…

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
St. Jude, Patron of Causes despaired of, pray for us.
St. Joseph, pray for us.

Amen!

Praise be to God for your conversion to Catholic Church! I too came into the Church from a protestant background and so far none of my family have joined me. It is hard and many do not always understand the fullness you find in the Church. I was so amazed at the sense of His presence going to Mass and when I went to Adoration! (If you haven’t been to Adoration, you should go- it’s a beautiful time of fellowship with our Lord) I will pray for you tonight.

Love in Christ,
mlz

[SIGN]Thanks be to God![/SIGN]

Welcome to the Church!

Bless you Autumn Moon !! I am also part American Indian, and all of my family changed to Protestant in the 1800’s. In the 1890’s my Great Aunt became the only Catholic in our family along with her husband and son. I was the next one, and 45 years later, another Aunt (next generation - daughter of my Great Aunt’s sister) also converted. I converted at age 9, although she had been taking me to Mass since I was 3, so all I believed was already Catholic. Glad to have you with us, and will pray for the strength to be given you to be a true witness to your family just by your life and faith. This is a prayer God always seems to answer – strength to stand fast in our faith, if we really mean it !

Lord, please ever draw this soul, autumnmoon, close to your Sacred Heart. Stave off, with the help of holy angels, all evils and temptations to sin from this soul. Cultivate in autumnmoon’s heart ever faith, hope, love, joy, courage, and wisdom. Redirect your divine light through this soul to others. Spare a foretaste of heaven’s light into autumnmoon’s life, to always illuminate the path of joy toward the eternal garden of love. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Amen!

:wave:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Welcome to the Church, autumnmoon.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Thanks for your prayers and support. With love and praise for Jesus Christ. I offer up to the Rosery today, for unity among all christian believers to realize the same goal is to be an extension of the olive branch Jesus Christ, to a sick and dieing world. God Bless you my friend.

We are all children of God. Jesus Christ died for all of us in this world.

Thank you for your beautiful prayer. I wrote it down to remember it. God Bless

Thanks God bless you my friend

Praying that the Lord may continue to bless you and grant you all necessary graces.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.