Thanksgiving What are you thankful for -Sorry if this has already been started but I skimmed through I didn't notice

I am Thankful for my children..Praise God!!!

There are just too many things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for having the family I do

I am thankful for the downs as well as the “ups”

I am thankful that I am catholic

I am thankful for all those whome I love and have loved me.

I am thankful for this roof over my head, the clothes on my back and the food on my table.

I am thankful for you on this forum for teaching me so much I didn’t know about my faith and for the ideas I had never entertained.

Thank you lord for this day, thank you though my words could never convey the depth of my thankfulness I have for giving me this one day to think of all the things I have to be thankfull for each and every day.:smiley:

[quote="s4angel, post:2, topic:177639"]
There are just too many things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for having the family I do

I am thankful for the downs as well as the "ups"

I am thankful that I am catholic

I am thankful for all those whome I love and have loved me.

I am thankful for this roof over my head, the clothes on my back and the food on my table.

I am thankful for you on this forum for teaching me so much I didn't know about my faith and for the ideas I had never entertained.

Thank you lord for this day, thank you though my words could never convey the depth of my thankfulness I have for giving me this one day to think of all the things I have to be thankfull for each and every day.:D

[/quote]

S4angel Thank you so much for your post! I thought of so many things to be thankful for I thought I would put my children because they are so precious to me. The Trinity, Eucharist & being Catholic I am thankful for as well. God Bless.

I'm thankful to God for leading me back to the Church after a long absence. I'm still a long way from being the man I believe the Lord intends for me to be, I still struggle with temptations that I shouldn't, and sometimes I slip and fall on my journey of faith, but I think it's during those times that I'm most thankful to God for his infinite mercy and forgiveness. I'm also thankful for my wife, my children and grandchildren, my parents and all the rest of my family. I'm thankful for my job, the roof over my head, and all the other blessings that God has seen fit to bestow on me. I'm thankful to have found this website, I've been able to learn a lot about my faith that I probably would have otherwise been ignorant of. I wish every one of you a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving, and I'll end this with a quote of a message that a family member sent me this morning.
"Be sure to give thanks for what we have & never dwell on what we have not, & for the family around us and the memories of those we've lost."

While there are too many things to be thankful for to think of in an entire day, we should make an effort to be thankful for at least some things.

For example, every time i get the jury duty form through the mail i sigh in dissatisfaction (i’m not strong enough at this point to smile and offer it up). But how often do i smile upon getting today’s mail because i did not get jury duty? The point is in my life i see that i am thankful for what i do have. But i should be more proactive in being thankful for what i DON’T have. And i can be thankful for a lot that i don’t have. This is where the list gets endless.

For today, the mail did not come. i am happy that i don’t even have the chance to get jury duty today.

My family, my friends and my job at a wonderful Catholic school. I'm also thankful for the many faithful priests I know. God bless them!

What am I thankful for? It’s funny because when it comes to expressing yourself, you feel as though no one will actually bother to read all of your heart spilt typing. But anyway, I guess I am thankful for the fact that I have my own flat even though I am just 21. I am thankful that I am able to be alone and free from domestic grips of other people. It’s a relief to not be controlled or threatened all the time. It’s a relief to just be clear minded and able to do peaceful things without being judged in my own home. Yeah, just me, my dog and Christ.

I am most thankful to God that my daughter’s surgery was a success and that she came home today and is doing well.

I just wanted to let you know that I took the time to read your heart split typing.

and while I’m on this thread…
I’m thankful for the gift of life with all its ups and downs and challenges.

[quote="JRPO, post:9, topic:177639"]
I just wanted to let you know that I took the time to read your heart split typing.

and while I'm on this thread..............
I'm thankful for the gift of life with all its ups and downs and challenges.

[/quote]

Ah, how sweet of you to say so. :D Yes the gift of life, and it's ups 'n' downs are all part of God's beautiful process to make us more like his original design for us. Nice. :D

Read it thank you for your post? I like your avatar? I think that's what its called. Have merry christmas season.

God Bless,
Michael

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.