Thanksgiving

Hello everyone :slight_smile: I have a story I would like to share.

I have a big problem of laziness. I am ashamed that despite years of promising our Lord to change, I have not put in efforts to.

The past semester, I repeated this behavior.I also left an extremely important assignment to the last min. In fast I left it right to the last day. As a result, I could not do the assignment well at all. To be honest, I submitted an extremely poor piece of work. I was aiming for an A for the course as I had scored well for the other components. After submitting the assignment therefore, I was prepared for the worse. I prayed to our Lord and sought the intercessions of Mother Mary, St Jude, St Anthony, St Joseph and St. Joseph Cupertino that my teacher would be lenient and I would get at least a B-. I also promised them that I would never repeat this behaviour. I also was prepared to face the worst as a result of my actions. A few weeks later when I checked my grade, I received an extremely pleasant surprise. I scored an A-! This is truly a miracle. It reminded me of what I had heard from priests on how we receive blessings not because we deserve them but because of the goodness of our Lord. Our Lord is truly beyond comprehension. I also realised the limitless mercy of our Lord. This also inspires me to imitate his mercy as a sign of my gratitude to him.

This same semester, for another module, I missed quizzes as a result of being late and missing lessons. Towards my final exam, I realised that if I had done the quizzes, it would have pulled up my grade by a lot. I knew that the past was gone but I could work for the future. I have turned to the intercession of St Joseph Cupertino previously for a similar module and turned to his powerful intercession again. I prayed that I would be able to give my best for the final exam, absorbing what I read and retaining it in memory. I have not received my grade yet, but my exam went well.

I hope my story inspires at least one person to trust in our Lord and the intercessions of our dear Mother Mary and the blessed saints. Let us strive in fulfilling our Lord’s will as a sign of our gratitude to him. Also, pray for me to change for the better. I have decided to redo the assignment which I rushed through in my holiday period. Pray for me that I may persevere.

God bless.

Ave Maria, Gratia plena
Dominus tecum,
Benedicta to in mulieribus,
Et benedictus, fructus, ventris tui Jesus

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,
Ora pro nobis, pecatoribus nunc,
Et in hora mortis nostrae.

Amen

Oh My Jesus, Forgive us our sins,
Save us from the fires Hell,
And lead all souls to Heaven,
Especially those in most need of they mercy,
Amen

We turn to our Saints in Heaven for intercessory prayer. For all of us, but especially for the intentions of the petitioner in this thread, pinkcandyfloss, as we join our prayers with the petitioner’s intention, freedom from sloth and replacement with the virtue of diligence.

St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us, and protect us in battle,
St. John of the Cross, pray for us
St Augustine and St. Monica, pray for us
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us
St. Joseph, Husband of Mary, pray for us
Archbishop Fulton Sheen, Pray for us.
St. John Paul II pray for us
St. John XXIII pray for us
St. Jude, pray for us
St. Mary Magdalene, pray for us
St. Paul of Tarsus, pray for us

Your intention will be prayed for also during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass this Sunday at St. John Neumann Parish in North Las Vegas, NV, USA, and in front of the Blessed Sacrament in adoration.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Praying for your intentions.

Thank you very much friends! I greatly appreciate your prayers and for offereing up my intentions :smiley: God bless.

Hello friends :slight_smile:

Just wanted to let all of you know that I have received my grades and I did exceptionally well, especially for the module which I was worried about due to missing quizzes. This would never have been possible without the intervention of our Lord and the intercession of Mother Mary, St. Joseph (foster father of Jesus), St. Jude, St. Anthony and especially St. Joseph Cupertino. God bless you all and may we never forget that our Lord is constantly by our side. Therefore, let us never fail to be in joy.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.