That I may always be ready

People on the street have started approaching me and asking me questions about the Faith, and it always catches me off guard. It also doesn’t help that I’m not a social person and these situations make me nervous.

The answers I tend to be incomplete at best, I really need help with this! Please pray that I’m always ready to speak the Truth in Love when I’m out like this. I should really be joyful and grateful about this, especially considering it’s now the month of August, the month I reverted to the Faith.

Just do your best and show them with your kindness what our faith is all about. Be a good example to all who you meet. I think it’s great that you’re not very social yet you’re taking the time to try to answer questions. Just try to relax!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Come Holy Spirit, and fill the hearts of your faithful,
and kindle in them the fire of Your Divine Love.
Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created,
and You shall renew the face of the earth.
Oh God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit instructed the hearts of the faithful,
Grant that, by the same Spirit,
we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen

I’m praying for you. May the Lord bless you with knowledge and gentleness, so that you may become better at answering questions.

:pray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven…
Hail Mary, full of grace. …

jimmy akins(?) has a book daily defense that goes over 365 issues. he does one page per topic. it is a good reference or starter book. i think it is available on this site.

Prayer for the Help of the Holy Spirit

O God, send forth Your Holy Spirit into my heart that
I may perceive into my mind, that I may remember, and
into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak
with piety, holiness, tenderness, and mercy. Teach, guide,
and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end.
May Your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be
strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake
of Your infinite mercy. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

St. Anthony of Padua

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying…You may want to take a public speaking course if you have space in your schedule…I took one way back and it did improve my ability to speak in public…

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.