The 1st time i attempted to pray the rosary

in 2004, around christmas my grandma gave me these black rosary beads but she broke them in half because she thought i only wanted to the cross to wear around my neck or whatever, anyways i was going though ALOT at that time, iam born and rasied and live catholic but never got in touch with Mary until i had this life changing experience in 2004-2005.....anyways i took those busted rosary beads and i had a little booklet on how to pray the rosary (which im still not good at to this day, remembering the stations of the cross or whatever its callled) um anyway i got down on my knees in front of my bed and it was like the 1st time i felt this power come over and the last. i only needed it once, i guess it was her way of telling me she hears me also. but as i was praying it was like this glowing uh it was this supernatural force that came over my praying hands, it was the most beautiful thing ive ever felt in my life. i thought it was from God, which i guess its from everybody up there in heaven not just Mary i really dont know, it was as if i had this light beamed down from heaven onto my hands, only it wasnt light it was a glowing feeling on me like....i cant describe it good but it comforted me more than like ive never felt in my entire life. but it was most definitly supernatural. just figured id share it since im awake right now and bored and up on catholic.com, lol, alright have a good night guys, or good day whenever whoever reads this. and i hope too get to know and get closer to Mary as close as i am with Jesus & God, alright take care! bye - :thumbsup:-K.G.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4104/b131f050.jpg

If it inspired you to pray the Rosary and be closer to God and our Lady, that is wonderful, praise God :) sounds like a beautiful experience!

I remember the first time I ever prayed the Rosary.. I was very nervous at first, but then I felt a lot of peace and realized that Jesus doesn't have anything against me praying to His Mother because they are together, side by side, in Heaven. Not in competition. Since then I haven't doubted the prayer.

God bless you :)

Your not alone I have a very very, very, similar experience to yours it’s some kind of Supernatural Grace .
theholyrosary.org/power.html
angelfire.com/ca3/rafaelmarie/ThePieta/athepieta.html

our.homewithgod.com/divinemercy/

catholicforum.com/churches/cathteach/divinemercy1.htm

I'm stuggling with feeling close to Our Lady. She doesn't seem near to me. I love her, and I think she is the most beautiful mother ever, but I have trouble focusing on the rosary. I must pray to find a way to get close to her.

-Jeanne

Hi Jeanne, :slight_smile: remember it’s not about feelings! I’m sure Our Lady is pleased with your love for her even if feelings are not there. God bless you :slight_smile:

[quote="Monica4316, post:2, topic:178913"]
If it inspired you to pray the Rosary and be closer to God and our Lady, that is wonderful, praise God :) sounds like a beautiful experience!

I remember the first time I ever prayed the Rosary.. I was very nervous at first, but then I felt a lot of peace and realized that Jesus doesn't have anything against me praying to His Mother because they are together, side by side, in Heaven. Not in competition. Since then I haven't doubted the prayer.

God bless you :)

[/quote]

I remember the first times I prayed the Rosary before I became Catholic (without spending an hour at the computer looking up how to say it - that took awhile). I always felt like there was this presence next to me praying along side of me. I always thought it might've been St. Francis - my first two holy cards that I ever had were from my late great-aunt who just moved to my area 10 years ago. They were St. Francis and (then) Sister Faustina. Both are my patron saints.

I give away hundreds of rosaries at the state prison. Many of the the inmates, all women, wear them as a sign that they are christian. Many ask for the booklets that show them how to pray the rosary and some have formed rosary groups.So, wearing the rosary has produced much fruit.

very cool :slight_smile:

wow! God bless you for doing this :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.