the # 227 ?

God has spoken to me lots of times thru the # 227

is there some nice bible verse with this # ? wonder why this # shows up so much in my life, thanks

Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ro 1:19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

If in fact the messages you have received are in accordance with scripture, then these verses apply. If they lead you after other gods, or teach you lies, then you need to be careful of what you are being told by the number.

[quote=TigerFoxwoods] God has spoken to me lots of times thru the # 227

is there some nice bible verse with this # ? wonder why this # shows up so much in my life, thanks
[/quote]

Psalms 119 is the largest chapter in the Bible, and only has 176 verses. Could it be chapter and verse (such as 2:27, 2:2-7, or 22:7)?

[quote=rcjones] Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Ro 1:19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

If in fact the messages you have received are in accordance with scripture, then these verses apply. If they lead you after other gods, or teach you lies, then you need to be careful of what you are being told by the number.
[/quote]

Excuse me, how are these verses relevant? Romans 8:28, when taken in context, assures Christians that God is looking out for us. Romans 1:19-20 (again, when taken in context) shows that we can KNOW there is a loving God by the things He has made (athiests are without excuse).

your kidding me, right!? Don’t count on numerology or ‘signs’. - it starts to border on magic. numbers won’t lead you but God’s word will. Hey in my old neighborhood that would have been a ‘sign’ to play those numbers!:smiley:

Rom 8:28 Anything that leads you to God was intended by God to lead you to Him. If you read a scripture wrongly, but make proper application it is God who guided you. If you see a picture of Christ in an ice cream cone, and it leads you to meditate upon the cross and His mercy, it is God who guided you. Perhaps you should remember that we do not even know how to pray properly:

Ro 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

The context is that we are incapable of clear understanding but that God guides us with the Holy Spirit’s intercession to work out, even our erroneous understandings.

Rom 1:19 God created the number system. Therefor even the number system reveals God’s eternal power and Godhead.

Just because some people follow false teachings such as numerology does not exclude God’s revelation of Himself in everything that is made. Certainly the teachings from creation are not as clear as His Word, but He says they are there nonetheless.

Consider a simple number line: 1- is unique in its static position and self existence. 2- emanates from 1 as the movement or work of 1. 3 emanates from 1 and 2 and together 1,2 and 3 create the rest of the number line by their movement. When we see 1,2 and 3 should we think of the Trinity in awe? Certainly we will not go to hell if we do.

[quote=rcjones] Rom 8:28 Anything that leads you to God was intended by God to lead you to Him. If you read a scripture wrongly, but make proper application it is God who guided you. If you see a picture of Christ in an ice cream cone, and it leads you to meditate upon the cross and His mercy, it is God who guided you. Perhaps you should remember that we do not even know how to pray properly:

Ro 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

The context is that we are incapable of clear understanding but that God guides us with the Holy Spirit’s intercession to work out, even our erroneous understandings.

Rom 1:19 God created the number system. Therefor even the number system reveals God’s eternal power and Godhead.

Just because some people follow false teachings such as numerology does not exclude God’s revelation of Himself in everything that is made. Certainly the teachings from creation are not as clear as His Word, but He says they are there nonetheless.

Consider a simple number line: 1- is unique in its static position and self existence. 2- emanates from 1 as the movement or work of 1. 3 emanates from 1 and 2 and together 1,2 and 3 create the rest of the number line by their movement. When we see 1,2 and 3 should we think of the Trinity in awe? Certainly we will not go to hell if we do.
[/quote]

If I see a picture of Christ in a potato chip, I eat it (with gratitude, like I always do). I have to agree with juliamajor when she says “your kidding me, right!?” I take comfort in Rom 8:28 when problems come up. I take comfort in KNOWING that God is looking out for my good, regardless of the circumstances. I suppose it’s possible that could apply if He is giving (or trying to give) some encouragement by way of a vision or dream, but it wouldn’t be the first verse that would come to mind in such a situation.

The numbering system you present is a fascinating study in extra-biblical works. Using your thought, why couldn’t we extend it out to 4, and a quadrinity? or 5 and a quintinity? Where do you stop, and why? To be sure, there are significant numbers found within Scriptures, but we do need to be careful not to fall into numerology. I still do not see how Rom 1:19-20 would appl;y.

The trouble is that chapters and verses didn’t come into the Bible until waaaaay after the bible was actually written.so was the guy who created the verse system inspired to make some kind of ersatz Bible code!? :rolleyes:

I think Christ actually prefers appearing in Doritos! Potato chips are much too greasy!:smiley:

All creation testifies to the invisible nature and Deity of God. If the number system is a part of all creation, then it testifies of God in a similar fashion as the stars and the sunsets and DNA.

None of these are as clear as the written word, and the written word is not as clear as the indwelling Christ, but I maintain that they all testify of him.

If you happen to meditate upon Christ because of the potato chip, then I maintain it is God’s Spirit who has led you there.

You are free to believe otherwise.

Ok, I’ll play.

Mark 2:27 – Then He said to them: “The sabbath was made for man, not
man for the sabbath.”

Luke 2:27 – He came to the temple now, inspired by the Spirit, and when the
parents brought in the child Jesus to perform for him the customary
ritual of the law,

Acts 2:27 – for you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer
your faithful one to undergo corruption.

Romans 2:27 – If a man who is uncircumcised keeps the law, he will pass
judgement on you, who with your written law and circumcision,
break it.

Philippians 2:27 – He was in fact, sick to the point of death, but God took pity
on him;not just on him, I should say, but on me, too, so as to
spare me one sorrow after another.

1John 2:27 – As for you, the annointing you received from him remains in your
hearts.

Revelation 2:27 – He shall rule them with a rod of iron and shatter them like
crockery;

These are all the 2:27’s from the New Testament. Do any strike you? Is God
speaking to you through any of these? You can’t be wrong, because He is
speaking to you in them all.

I think my favorite of these is the Philippians one.

In the O.T. –

this one’s neat:

1Maccabees2:27 – Then Matthias went through the city shouting, “Let everyone
who is zealous for the law and who stands by the covenant
follow after me!”

Doesn’t it make you want to name your firstborn son “Matthias”?

and how about this from Daniel:

Daniel 2:27 – In the king’s presence Daniel made this reply: "The mystery about
which the king has inquired, the wise men, enchanters, magicians,
and astrologers could not explain to the king.

To that list, perhaps we could add numerologists?

Ok, let’s play the scoffer game…

God never speaks directly to your mind to offer Him praise, to convict of sin, or to lead you to repent. He never inspires awe in you particularly because of a sunset or the birth of a child.

You are afraid to think of God when you do math because you are afraid of being called a numerologist. You are afraid of praising God for any of the many wonders of nature for fear of being a pantheist. You cannot give thanks to God for the ice cream cone if you see an image of Christ in it, but you can if you don’t.

You can’t believe that God would inspire or direct you individually for any particular aspect of your life for fear that you might be violating some doctrine of closed revelation.

Sorry. That God is not for me. And if you can not hear God in the scriptures you mockingly quote, then you are not listening. It is, after all, His Word.

Just for arguments sake, you each have a method by which you choose which scriptures to study. Please explain how your method of choosing is any more inspired than picking a bunch of 227’s. You at some point, trust that God is speaking to you through those studies, yet mock the method of choice for others.

Why would anyone want others to **not **meditate upon the Lord and his word, no matter what the trigger is that leads them to do so? Why would anyone attribute the desire to meditate upon the Lord to anything other than the Holy Spirit?

Just what are you trying to accomplish by your mockery?

Hey, is this about the scriptures I just quoted?
Why is it scoffing and mocking?
The OP asked for interesting bible verses with this number, that’s what I did.
It was fun.
I hope the OP enjoys them, and I’m sorry you think it’s mocking…

Sorry, ASCII text is so easy to misinterpret.

Numbers do have symbolic significance in the Bible. For example…

2 = “the Church.” So, “the firmament,” created on the “second” day, is, in my opinion, a picture foreshadowing the creation of the “Church” sheltering humanity. And, it’s not a coincidence that Christ came upon the future administrators of His “church” “two”-by-“two.” Matthew 4:18, 21. Also note that the animals walked onto the ark “two”-by-“two” – a picture of God’s people entering God’s “Church.” See Genesis 7:8-9.

3 = “the will of God.” So, it is no accident that God gave Moses the “Commandments” on the “third” day of the “third” month. Exodus 19:16, 1.

Almost all large numbers in the Bible are multiples of these smaller symbolic numbers, because they are symbolic thoughts comprised of several symbolic numbers combined by multiplication or division (where division implies “against-ness.” None of this is Church teaching, incidentally – it just works.

A few large numbers in the Bible are primes. They can’t be factored-down into smaller symbolic numbers fitting the context. Nobody knows their meaning, as far as I have read.

227 is a large prime number which does not appear in the Bible.

There is only one more 2:27 in the whole bible. It is the book of Joel 2:27 –
And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel; I am the Lord, your God,
and there is no other; my people shall nevermore be put to shame.

And this morning on “Good Morning America”, they visited a home in
Waukesha, Wisconsin. As they were standing in front of the home, you
could see the address. It was 227.

For me the number 227 has a significant meaning. Whenever I count to 300 I always end up saying the number 227. Also on August 11 I notice that the sun seems brighter and the air sweeter.

Oh that is so funny! :stuck_out_tongue:
I may be ridiculous for looking up every bible verse, but, maybe
God is speaking to him/her with that number, we don’t know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.