The Abortionists want your sympathy!

I have to point out that since the murder of Dr. George Tiller the media has been giving a lot of sympathy and air time to other notorious abortionists. The press is letting the abortionists use this tragedy to their advantage by giving them a platform to speak about their views on abortion and their fellow abortionists, without questioning their position at all. Almost like they feel that since George Tiller was murdered the remaining doctors deserve to say what they feel without any questions.

Don’t take it.

Although the murder of Dr. Tiller was very wrong and immoral, and they deserve our prayers and sympanthy for their loss of a friend, husband, father, and grandfather. This doesn’t mean that the world now owes these abortionists their sympathy for the work that they do.

I’ve seen time and time again the press interviews these other abortionists and without interrupting letting these guys go off about how the pro-life movement is full of terrorists and violent people. That what they do is a service to women. That they are wonderful moral people that are just trying to go to work and are constantly harassed by people. That somehow a womans life holds more value than a childs and that it’s impossible to care for both the woman and the baby, that it has to be one or the other. How they know and understand women and their needs. Acting like they are all martyrs for healthcare.

Just like the work of the devil. Demanding empathy for evil…

Don’t give it to them, if you see these interviews let people know about it.

its true. even when reading about Dr. Tiller you see that people close to him talk about him like he was so moral and righteous and brave for performing abortions. I agree that his murder was immoral, but people should consider that murder was his job, it was what he did for a living. I do not believe in killing anyone and therefore believe his murder was wrong, but it frustrates me when abortionists are portrayed as such wonderful people who are harassed by pro-life individuals when they kill unborn children and most pro-life people are not at all violent, which should be evident by the fact that many opposed Tiller’s killing.

Just like the work of the devil. Demanding empathy for evil…

Empathy goes out to everyone, evil or not. Whatever happened to “forgive them Father, they know not what they do”. Have we changed it to"Destroy them Father, they’ve earned it for what they do"?

Everyone is supposed to get our empathy and our prayers. Its more the work of the devil to try and take empathy from anyone.

The evil that Tiller perpetuated gave no one the right to attack him. Pray for him, hope for his conversion, and follow that up with more prayer, yes. Attack? Never.

I am afraid that the media is making all of us pro-lifers look as if we at least tacitly approve of the attack. We don’t.

I was sad to hear the news that one man shot another. It was the media who enjoys milking the story to fill air time and the media usually goes beyond reporting, once again, to fill air time.

The body of a girl was found in Monroe, MI yesterday. The voice of the reporter, loudly, purposefully, wringing every drop of emotion from the story. It turned my stomach.

All abortionists are human beings and God can change hearts.

Peace,
Ed

Being empathic to those that commit evil is not the same as being empathic to evil. Hate the sin, not the sinner. We are all sinners.

Like Christ said in the Sermon of the Mount:

*“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies…that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have? Do not the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brothers only, what is unusual about that? Do not the pagans do the same?”
Matthew 5:43-47

“Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you…You hypocrite”

Matthew 7:1-5

It’s very hard not to give into the Devil’s will, he’s a very tricky one.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.