"The Angel Lady" Sondra Abrahams

I’m making this thread in hope that more people may be aware of this alleged mystic and see what some of your opinions are on the stuff I’ve gathered from her so far. This is coming from someone who knows additional info about her through others irl.

Here are some highlights of what I’ve found online:

-Says that Jesus gives you an ultimatum after judgement. In an excerpt from Michael H. Brown’s Afterlife, it’s a simple accept or deny. In her testimony and interview, He’ll ask if you love Him and if you’re sorry for your sins.
-Has a devotion to the unapproved Rosa Mystica and said she was present during a testimony.
-In Mark Mallett’s meeting with Sondra Abrahams, she apparently had permission to carry a “1st class relic of the cross”.
-Claimed in a testimony that doves follow her around and hundreds of them appear in her backyard.
-Never showed any gratitude to the doctor who saved her life and only scolded him about his swearing during her out-of-body experience
-Said 99% of souls will go to purgatory
-Those who commit suicide go to the deepest level of purgatory
-Has told people of a way to protect themselves by burying 1 rosary, scapular, Miraculous medal, and St. Benedict medal together at all four corners of their house. I have never heard of this anywhere else and believe she came up with it herself
-Nothing about her pre-2000 (she supposedly warned about abortion before Roe v. Wade, but lost her proof, a stack of complaint letters, during her move out of Houston).

What began my skepticism was a blackout she experienced in her home. Jesus appeared to her and used this blackout as an example to explain that “things are about to get a lot darker”. He also told her that the reason the weather was acting strange lately is because the Earth’s axis has tilted. There’s a local news video on her you can find on YouTube where she talks about the future and how everything felt “tilted”. I think this is what she’s hinting at. All I know about the whole tilted Earth thing is that it’s related to astrology, most notably, the Nibiru phenomenon. It’s also worth noting that she believes in the Medjugorje chastisements and says they will happen in her lifetime.

What makes Sondra unique from the others is her gift to interect with angels and connect with guardian angels other than her own. Even before her NDE, she’s had private revelations, which began with her two guardian angels appearing before her in a time of need. When it was known to her during the experience that she now had seven angels, she gave each one a name. Not only that, but she claims to know what your guardian angel name is and will give them out to groups of people. I’ve only ever heard of angel naming from Opus Angelorum and that raises concern.

Sondra personally visits peoples’ homes, where others may tag along, and this is where she demonstrates her mysticism. I’ve seen someone who goes to one of these things, and I cannot stress enough, he was acting like he just left a concert.

She smells like roses, and it’s a scent that everyone but she can smell. “Angel feathers” come out of her and from above. Mark Mallett was right, they do look like pillow feathers. There’s also the souls in purgatory that ask Sondra to pray for them in the most unusual ways, through electronics like tape recorders and phones. One of Jesus’ messages to John Leary mentioned this:

You had a flashback of hearing Eugene plea for prayers to Sondra Abrahams over the phone.

This also shows Sondra’s affiliation with other “seers”.

Now, this is the only source I’ve heard of it, but if it’s true, it’s the one thing that got me the most. In this blog, it shows that Sondra can somehow find out where deceased loved ones are in the afterlife.

*Steve had seen Sondra a few years before, right after his daughter Maggie had taken her own life. Sondra made it clear during her talk that souls who commit suicide must start out in the lowest levels of purgatory.  When Steve and his wife Tina saw Sondra for the first time, Sondra told them that Maggie was in the lower level of purgatory.  She told them that they should pray for Maggie, and have masses said for her to help her get to heaven.  The news was devastating to the newly bereaved parents, and they left the church in tears.*

This is disturbing if Sondra is indeed a false seer and telling lies.

She always talks about these “Mary cards” and how she hopes to give them out to everyone she meets. What makes her Mary cards unique is its rose scent. From what I’ve heard, these cards gain its scent after Sondra blesses them. I just so happen to have a Mary card and it’s since lost the smell of roses. Using a blacklight, I noticed a splotch that I suspect could be a dab of rose oil extract. I don’t know what kind of blessing would give a card a temporary perfume scent like that, but it’s yet another one of my concerns that it may be a false miracle by Satan, worse case scenario.

Miracle Picture of Jesus

This is something else that only comes from Sondra. The backstory is that she searched for years to find how Christ looked when he was crucified. She prayed one night in adoration to have this and the next day, her friend (“a gentlemen” in the interview) showed her this photo. You can find it online. Something I noticed is that the right arm is faded away and doesn’t seem to align with the cross.

Is Sondra a false seer? If she is, she’s certainly one of the more elusive ones by keeping such a low profile. She says she has a spiritual director and always makes sure priests are with her when she speaks, but I have no idea if the local bishop knows about any of this.

I would worry about someone who visits your home to practice their mysticism that sounds like a fraud to me

Sure thing!

To DandyLion7:
Just skimming through your post: there’s too much wrong with her.
If you’re talking about Michael Brown of Spirit Daily, he can’t be trusted.
99% of souls go to purgatory? What happened to hell?
The earth’s axis is tilted? Actually, it’s already tilted. No one apart from Sondra has noticed a change?!!! We’d all know about it!!!
Using electronic means to communicate with souls in purgatory? Eventually, she’ll probably be into New Age stuff (spiritism etc). God doesn’t make use of communications equipment.
John Leary: another false “locutionist”
A scent of roses? Perfume.
Blessing cards? Only a priest (or higher) can do that.
Etc.

She’s false, alright!
But, thanks for alerting us to yet another false “mystic”.

This alone would be problematic if this is what she actually teaches:

“Says that Jesus gives you an ultimatum after judgement”

I basically did not read further.

Of course the Church can investigate what is or is not being taught.

Sounds like someone who has mental issues. Peace.

Excuse me if I came off too blunt with this discussion, I had to reduce what was originally 11,000 words and didn’t want to sugarcoat things. A lot of people listen to her 10 part testimony video on YouTube and get lost into her beautiful story. She comes off as a very kind and gentle woman, but there are some things in it that are just crazy, like how the garment Christ wore on the cross was the same garment he was wrapped in as a baby.

In that same testimony, she states that if she misleads anyone, she will have to answer for it. Yet, not long after, says she’s not a public speaker, mystic, or visionary.

There’s also her prophecy of human cloning. You can easily find this online just by searching “Sondra Abrahams cloning”. There’s also a low quality Focus TV interview on YouTube where she discusses this and it’s what upsets her the most, compared to abortion and euthanasia. She goes as far to say that the terrorist attacks on 9/11 were because of human cloning.

As a result, Sondra believes there will be a long-running series of events that will come to the world as a purification. She claims she still “hears” the voice of Jesus, and that she heard Him last October, not long after the terrorist attack. “He said, ‘Many will call to Me for mercy when more things start happening. I’ve sent mercy with my Mother for years and years.’ I know that attack could have been stopped, but it was a wake-up call to us, to show what evil is in the world, a call from the Father. He was letting us see how far we had gone. This cloning, they’re determined to push on with it, and that’s going to be our downfall.”

“I don’t think they really cloned a baby yet. And saying they named it ‘Eve,’ that’s really a slap. Either there’s something wrong with the baby or they didn’t do it. The one thing God told me was that when we tried to become God that He would come down on us, that He would come down on us [she weeps]. You noticed when all this cloning was announced, the weather got horrible everywhere? That’s God saying He’s still in control. The other thing I was shown was a war. And it won’t be like any kind of war we’ve ever had before, and it’s going to be here on our land too. I’d like to write to the President and ask him not to do this. It won’t just be a war of guns and planes but nuclear, and every little nation that has a nuclear weapon will get in on it. I’ve seen it. He showed it to me. Fires out of the sky, people burning, death everywhere. I can still even smell the smoke. I’ve never talked about it because I wanted to keep the focus on love. Peace can happen, it can happen, but we have to pray.”

What Sondra doesn’t say online is even more absurd. She once heard Christ’s voice calling her name in her home and felt something go through her, causing her to pass out. When she went to the doctor, she found out she had the heart of a 20-year old (Sondra’s 77).

Recently, Sondra told a friend of hers to decline the job of Eucharistic Minister because that’s what “Jesus” told her. This is one of the reasons why I’m writing about this, because this almost comes off as manipulation on her part.

Did you get caught by the 6,000 word limit? :smiley:

Poking around on google:
There’s a heap of stuff promoting her, but virtually nothing critiquing her! As you’d already know.

So it WAS Michael Brown of Spirit Daily! He seems pretty gullible, chasing after and promoting alleged but unapproved and sometimes outright condemned supernatural phenomena. Back in 2011 or 2012, i became “embroiled” in a mini-war with two others about him…the entire thread eventually vanished. Probably a good thing that it did.

A lot of people listen to her 10 part testimony video on YouTube and get lost into her beautiful story. She comes off as** a very kind and gentle woman**

That’s part of the trouble; the listeners’ emotions kick in! Their intellects are chucked out.

but there are some things in it that are just crazy, like how the garment Christ wore on the cross was the same garment he was wrapped in as a baby.

!!!

In that same testimony, she states that if she misleads anyone, she will have to answer for it. Yet, not long after, says she’s not a public speaker, mystic, or visionary.

Well, she’s honest about that!

There’s also her prophecy of human cloning. You can easily find this online just by searching “Sondra Abrahams cloning”. There’s also a low quality Focus TV interview on YouTube where she discusses this and it’s what upsets her the most, compared to abortion and euthanasia. She goes as far to say that the terrorist attacks on 9/11 were because of human cloning.

More like due to abortion. The number of babies torn apart in the US each day is or was about the same as the number of victims (also torn apart: how ironic!) of that atrocity.

*" This cloning, they’re determined to push on with it, and that’s going to be our downfall…

…Fires out of the sky, people burning, death everywhere. I can still even smell the smoke. *

They always have to get to the juicy blood ‘n’ guts part.
The late John Denver saw it raining fire in the sky, too. Fire and brimstone combined would be worse.

What Sondra doesn’t say online is even more absurd. She once heard Christ’s voice calling her name in her home and felt something go through her, causing her to pass out. When she went to the doctor, she found out she had the heart of a 20-year old (Sondra’s 77).

Wonder who the donor was. Not God, anyway.

Recently, Sondra told a friend of hers to decline the job of Eucharistic Minister because that’s what “Jesus” told her. This is one of the reasons why I’m writing about this, because this almost comes off as** manipulation on her part**.

Hidden under a veil of supposed sanctity, and favoured by Heaven.

Wonder whether there’s schizophrenia mixed in with the rest: an explosive brew! :eek:
No wonder she can smell smoke!

It’s almost always the most devout ones who fall for this stuff. :shrug:
Too often they crave something extra.

There’s a good chance Spirit Daily and Focus TV is where Sondra got her start. Just look at the Mary’s Call website (their contact info is on the back of her Mary cards) and you’ll notice he’s one of their best-selling authors. Sondra made it clear at the end of her testimony video that she does not own nor work for Mary’s Call, so I’ll take her word for it. Otherwise, she actually would be a public speaker.

Hidden under a veil of supposed sanctity, and favoured by Heaven.

I really didn’t want to waste my time on Sondra. At face value, it’s just an innocent old lady telling her redemption story and asking for prayer. But when she’s filling people’s heads with paranoia and superstition, claiming to know your guardian angel and where your loved ones are in the afterlife, I see a danger here. She strikes me more as a psychic medium than a true visionary.

Wonder whether there’s schizophrenia mixed in with the rest: an explosive brew! :eek:

The way feathers spawn out of her and how “souls” contact her in a poltergeist-like manner could be an elaborate magic trick. You’d have to be pretty mentally stable to work something like that, which is why I seriously hope she isn’t suffering from a psychosis and doesn’t truly believe in the things she’s saying. Sondra could be seeing apparitions and have “gifts”, but it might not be anything from God.

It’s almost always the most devout ones who fall for this stuff. :shrug:
Too often they crave something extra.

I couldn’t agree more.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.