The Anglican Ordinariate/Pastoral Provision and Consecrated Religious

Something which crossed my mind recently is a question on the likelihood of religious communities entering the Catholic Church through the Anglican Ordinariate or through the Pastoral Provision/Anglican Use. There is already a couple of examples I am aware of, such as this community here: catholicherald.co.uk/news/2012/12/12/eleven-anglican-sisters-to-be-received-into-the-catholic-church/

What will be interesting to me is to see which communities come into the Church and adopt the associated liturgy of the Ordinariate/Anglican Use or, if religious who enter through either one of those doors decide to use the OF of the Roman Rite. One community has already done so, as can be seen here: allsaintssisters.org/who/ourjourney.aspx

We already see many religious communities who have begun to use the EF of the Mass as well as other form of the Mass specific to religious communities (Dominican Rite, Cistercian Rite, etc.). However, with the enormous role that consecrated religious played in the conversion of England it would not be out of the realm of possibility in my opinion to see a religious community come into the Church whole and entire and use that form of the liturgy, or for an established Catholic community who wishes to re-evangelize England to petition to do so. There are already religious communities who are reestablishing themselves in the UK in the hopes of fostering the New Evangelization, some of whom have decided to use the EF of the Roman Rite. Might this be an aspect that some decide to adopt to further that cause? The Benedictines would seem to me to be a ideal candidate for such an endeavor (shocking i'm sure), considering the crucial role they played in converting England to begin with and their emphasis on the liturgy.

Anyway, that's what has been bouncing around in my head for a while now and I figured perhaps someone else might have thoughts on the matter.

For starters, I am not sure there are lots of Anglican religious communities left to begin with. The Ordinariate over the pond might as well start new ones.

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:2, topic:322014"]
For starters, I am not sure there are lots of Anglican religious communities left to begin with. The Ordinariate over the pond might as well start new ones.

[/quote]

They do exist. I am aware of several Anglican communities to include those who follow St. Dominic and those who follow St. Benedict. They are likely others as well. I am unsure of their numbers however, and you are probably correct that there are not many.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.