The antichrist outlaws marriage in the end times

Seaching for scripture where the antichrist outlaws marriage. I believe there is
a verse in the bible that says he will abolish marriage. Daniel 11:37 addresses it
somewhat but not completely. IN our secular world we are going through this
fight on marriage and the gay agenda is to abolish God’s traditional marriage.

Interesting point.

I don’t recall any Scripture specifically about the Antichrist abolishing marriage, but Scripture does show that the Antichrist will first use secular and non-christian sects to persecute the Church, and once he uses them for his agenda he will then persecute and destroy all who does not worship him, which means even atheists will be killed if they don’t worship him (antichrist). So I would imagine Christian marriage will be attacked by the Antichrist along with anything else that concerns Christianity.

I think you are thinking of 1 Tim 4: 1-3: “Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the last times some will turn away from the faith by paying attention to deceitful spirits and demonic instructions through the hypocrisy of liars with branded consciences. They forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.”

In my opinion Paul was primarily referring to the proto-Gnostic strains of spirituality which at this time were beginning to arise in both Christianity and non-Christian Judaism and perhaps especially (this is speculation) in the “Judaizers” who were in between, though it can have applicability and even a different kind of fulfillment in later centuries, including in the last years before the Second Coming.

Don’t know where that is specifically said, but it would make sense for the anti-christ to attack marriage, the family etc.

I know every generation says this, but it seems like a lot of Biblical prophecies like this are hitting pretty close to home these days, a bit too close for comfort.

I am 76 and it is worse now than I have ever heard of and it’s world wide. And the really scary part is that so many christian denominations are falling for it. God Bless, Memaw

We’re closer to the end of the world than we ever were before. :wink:

Seriously, the Bible emphasizes both the “signs of the times” which we have to look out for and also the fact that Christ will come at an unexpected hour. We need to keep both sides of this in mind. We need to respond to the issues of the day in a prudent and Godly way, as diligent as if this might be the last hour of the last day of the last year of history, and prudent as if human history might go on for thousands or even millions of years more.

Daniel 11:37 is the closest (he will ignore the god that women love, he will ignore all the
gods. he will do as he pleases) there is nothing that specific about marriage being
abolished but I see that happening now with the laws that christ instituted for our church
like the sacraments. They are sacred and the antichrist is making them all abomination
or mimicking them by his counterfeits. :slight_smile:

You know, to me it seems blindingly obvious that these things are happening, which is why I can’t understand why people do fall for them so much. I mean if you read the Bible the things it says will be happening are happening so exactly that I think it’s almost like a retroactive proof of the Bible’s legitimacy.

If this is not the end times per se, the things the Bible describes as what evil are so exactly what we are doing. I don’t see how anyone could read those passages and not be struck by how pertinent they are.

There is another verse in the new testament about men with corrupt minds that forbid marriage.
One must realize that this reality has already surfaced a few times since the early church.
St. Valentine was martyred because he refused to obey a law forbiding marriage. He continued to marry people.
That is why his feast day is now centered around love.

The “god that women love” is Apollo. Antiochus IV Epiphanes, rather than even worshiping one of his ancestral gods like Apollo, instead focused on the foreign Zeus. To the Jews this made him even worse than ordinary pagans, since at least they were honoring the traditions of their fathers.

Does it make me a pessimist if I read this and thought, “oh, God, please don’t let it be this”

:o

Couldn’t have said it better myself!:thumbsup:

But I must say, sometimes, watching and reading things from mainstream media can be a little disheartening :D.

So well said and I agree. Every day brings us one day closer. It may look like we’re loosing the battle but we know who wins the war. Jesus I trust in Thee! HE will be with us till the end of time. God Bless, Memaw

Yes, locally this is was so, but globally it is now so, that marriage is being attacked. Only in the East is this gay-marriage thing not prevalent.

In the last days, they (the evil world) will forbid marriage and IMO it is becoming a reality.

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.