The Ark of the Covenant in the New Testament

Who is the Ark of the Covenant? The multitude of the faithful (Protestant position) or Mary (Catholic position) ?

This was a sub-topic within Anna Scott’s thread Did Jesus have brothers and sisters? And it got really heated so I decided to make a new thread on the same topic.

:smiley:

+JMJ+

[quote="Wandile, post:1, topic:280034"]
Who is the Ark of the Covenant? The multitude of the faithful (Protestant position) or Mary (Catholic position) ?

This was a sub-topic within Anna Scott's thread Did Jesus have brothers and sisters? And it got really heated so I decided to make a new thread on the same topic.

:D

[/quote]

Both.

The Ark of Covenant of the NT? OH YOU mean the BLESSED VIRGIN MARY?

Thats the same one who the Holy Spirit overshadowed which GOD chose as His Mother here on earth, thus the MOTHER of GOD? The one He placed all His trust in? The one whom the Angels greet "HAIL MARY"?

The one that ALL GENERATIONS will Call BLESSED?????

Holy Mary,
pray for us.
Holy Mother of God,
pray for us.
Holy Virgin of virgins,
pray for us.
Mother of Christ,
pray for us.
Mother of divine grace,
pray for us.
Mother most pure,
pray for us.
Mother most chaste,
pray for us.
Mother inviolate,
pray for us.
Mother undefiled,
pray for us.
Mother most amiable,
pray for us.
Mother most admirable,
pray for us.
Mother of good counsel,
pray for us.
Mother of our Creator,
pray for us.
Mother of our Savior,
pray for us.
Virgin most prudent,
pray for us.
Virgin most venerable,
pray for us.
Virgin most renowned,
pray for us.
Virgin most powerful,
pray for us.
Virgin most merciful,
pray for us.
Virgin most faithful,
pray for us.
Mirror of justice,
pray for us.
Seat of wisdom,
pray for us.
Cause of our joy,
pray for us.
Spiritual vessel,
pray for us.
Vessel of honor,
pray for us.
Singular vessel of devotion,
pray for us.
Mystical rose,
pray for us.
Tower of David,
pray for us.
Tower of ivory,
pray for us.
House of gold,
pray for us.
Ark of the Covenant,
pray for us.
Gate of Heaven,
pray for us.
Morning star,
pray for us.
Health of the sick,
pray for us.
Refuge of sinners,
pray for us.
Comforter of the afflicted,
pray for us.
Help of Christians,
pray for us.
Queen of angels,
pray for us.
Queen of patriarchs,
pray for us.
Queen of prophets,
pray for us.
Queen of apostles,
pray for us.
Queen of martyrs,
pray for us.
Queen of confessors,
pray for us.
Queen of virgins,
pray for us.
Queen of all saints,
pray for us.
Queen conceived without Original Sin,
pray for us.
Queen assumed into Heaven,
pray for us.
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
pray for us.
Queen of peace,
pray for us.

That Blessed Virgin Mary? THAT ARK?

google.com/url?q=http://jn1838.blogspot.com/2010/05/virgin-mary-ark-of-covenant.html&sa=U&ei=otmBT4LsNfHD0AHjyKmVCA&ved=0CBkQFjAD&sig2=XTDMp6ixZkjdsWajabtAJA&usg=AFQjCNGe5xT67npiIZhZpWt16fTEPTtDbg

google.com/url?q=http://www.catholicculture.org/library/view.cfm%3FRecNum%3D6811&sa=U&ei=otmBT4LsNfHD0AHjyKmVCA&ved=0CBAQFjAA&sig2=8yLcPUi-pZ4zMmzs4dpa8A&usg=AFQjCNHBjWtcrfxev6W6SwTjI9ob2CBGwA

google.com/url?q=http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/mary-the-ark-of-the-new-covenant&sa=U&ei=otmBT4LsNfHD0AHjyKmVCA&ved=0CCUQFjAI&sig2=ZDrQ7C9DbVd3cawnYmAKVw&usg=AFQjCNGemeh9QuXvMgeFa930su7LxMYEFA

Happy reading!

+JMJ+

@GaryTaylor,

Of course the Blessed Virgin is all that, and no one else can approach her perfection, but remember that Mary is also the Archetype of the Church. We are all called to follow her footsteps, to let the Holy Spirit overshadow us so that we may give birth to Jesus through our lives. We must live, cooperating with God's grace, until the Magnificat can be applied to us too. We must strive until it is not us but Christ who lives in us.

[quote="nuntym, post:4, topic:280034"]
+JMJ+

@GaryTaylor,

Of course the Blessed Virgin is all that, and no one else can approach her perfection, but remember that Mary is also the Archetype of the Church. We are all called to follow her footsteps, to let the Holy Spirit overshadow us so that we may give birth to Jesus through our lives. We must live, cooperating with God's grace, until the Magnificat can be applied to us too. We must strive until it is not us but Christ who lives in us.

[/quote]

What does this have to do with is Mary the Ark of the Covenant? Sanctifying Grace is it, I agree.

+JMJ+

She is, and so are we.

Its drawing a comparison to the Mother of God and yourself. :shrug: Do you actually see one?

+JMJ+

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:7, topic:280034"]
Its drawing a comparison to the Mother of God and yourself. :shrug: Do you actually see one?

[/quote]

We should. Or did you forget Jesus' words?

[BIBLEDRB]Mark 3:32-35[/BIBLEDRB]

+JMJ+

Again, remember who our Blessed Mother is: she is the ARCHETYPE of the Church. She is our mold, our model. We should live our lives like hers, we should love Jesus as she did. That is the goal of the Total Consecration: to love Jesus as she did.

Never forget that.

Well my dear Brother I disagree with you. We should strive to obtain the Virtues of Our Lady.

But is Mary the Ark and so are we? Is this what your saying?

+JMJ+

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:10, topic:280034"]
Well my dear Brother I disagree with you. We should strive to obtain the Virtues of Our Lady.

[/quote]

:shrug: I think we just are disagreeing with semantics here. But it IS kinda hard to disagree with Jesus' words there.

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:10, topic:280034"]
But is Mary the Ark and so are we? Is this what your saying?

[/quote]

Yes. The Blessed Virgin is the premier Ark of the Covenant. But then, what was the old Ark of the Covenant? It was made of the best wood, covered with gold, wherein it was laid the stone tablets of the Ten Commandments, the budding staff of Aaron the priest, and pieces of manna from the Exodus.

Well, are we not called to be pure and holy?

Have we not received the New Commandment of Jesus, which distinguishes His true disciples from the rest?

Do we not receive the True Manna during Mass?

Aren't we a nation of priests?

Think about it.

Got it. Mary is the Ark of the Covenant. Her what your saying through. ;)

+JMJ+

[quote="GaryTaylor, post:12, topic:280034"]
Got it. Mary is the Ark of the Covenant. Her what your saying through. ;)

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Our bodies as the Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Happy Easter, and may God bless.

Sanctifying Grace and the Living Presence, State of Grace is a good comparison in the light your viewing it, Good conversation point to develope. OT/NT also. :thumbsup:

Path of the Saints.

[quote="Wandile, post:1, topic:280034"]

This was a sub-topic within Anna Scott's thread Did Jesus have brothers and sisters? And it got really heated so I decided to make a new thread on the same topic.

:D

[/quote]

I didnt feel any heat... :)
Just the light of God's word shining through the Ark...;)

I’m not trying to put words in anyone’s mouth, but why does there seem to be so much confusion about the ark and the temple?

Do the similarities between Luke 1 and Samuel 6 ring no bell with Protestants?

Fun stuff.
Hey … So there is no question that Mary can be viewed as a type of the Ark of the (New) Covenant.

There is also no question that every (the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you Romans 8:11) Christian is a type of the Ark of the (New) Covenant.

The Ark of the Covenant was holy.
“YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY.”
… 1Pet 1:16

[quote="1voice, post:18, topic:280034"]
Fun stuff.
Hey ... So there is no question that Mary can be viewed as a type of the Ark of the (New) Covenant.

There is also no question that every (the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you Romans 8:11) Christian is a type of the Ark of the (New) Covenant.

"YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
... 1Pet 1:16

[/quote]

Look... Scripture doesn't say, "Don't you know that you
yourselves are the Ark of the Covenant
...", but it says
"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's
temple
..."

Jesus Body and blood are the New Covenant :

"This is my blood of the covenant, which is
poured out for many for the forgiveness of
sins." - Matthew 26:28

And his crucifixion is the sign of the Covenant. But the
covenant is supposed to be housed in the Ark...
However, Jesus was housed in Mary. Mary's womb is
the Ark of the Covenant.

See remember we are all God's temple because the
Holy Spirit of God dwells within us. However the
Covenant does not dwell within all us, but in one ark,
Mary's womb. Mary is the new living Ark which housed
the new living covenant.

We can participate in the new covenant, embrace in it,
believe it, live it, accept the gifts of the new covenant
( Salvation and the presence of the Holy Spirit ), But the
covenant has one dwelling place, the Ark, which is the womb of Mary:D

[quote="1voice, post:18, topic:280034"]
Fun stuff.
Hey ... So there is no question that Mary can be viewed as a type of the Ark of the (New) Covenant.

"YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
... 1Pet 1:16

[/quote]

No your not the Ark of the Covenant your a sinner on earth seeking Gods Kingdom, in the process of obtaining Sanctifying Grace. All Grace flowed through Mary instantly by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit."Luke". Therefore All Grace Never stopped following through Mary for Marys life was a perpetual fiat.

But don't worry when the angels call you Hail in scripture we'll think about making you a co-Ark holder. "Luke" :thumbsup: :D

When you say "YOU SHALL BE HOLY" and "IF" and "when" may the the Holy Spirit be so pleased. He was already pleased as LUKE states when the Holy Spirit approached Mary.;)

You are a sinner seeking admission into Gods Kingdom. An unfinished story in the Valley of Death.

What have you done for Gods Kingdom lately? Mary raised His Son. :shrug: She gave the WORD ...Flesh. Here read a bit about Mary.............

google.com/url?q=http://www.christendom-awake.org/pages/marian/5thdogma/hahn.htm&sa=U&ei=QQOCT534HcTo0QGSk_WQCA&ved=0CBAQFjAA&sig2=h3yEaoLQSwn6vUsP8Ug8_Q&usg=AFQjCNGUiUE7whSBA8Q4D0WFntV0DMHbvA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.