The Assumption Feast

The feast coming up on the fifteenth and it is a very special occasion to honor the Blessed Virgin Mary. I think a novena would start on the 6th of August. I hope this will be a helpful reminder, as well as a good discussion topic.

Thanks for the reminder. Let us remember that by a completely singular privilege, she overcame sin in her Immaculate Conception, and thus was not liable to that law of remaining in the corruption of the grave, nor did she have to wait for the end of time for the redemption of her body.

Some people need some structure and it is merely a suggestion.

This is about Mary’s never-fading glory compared to things in the natural world. I can’t find the words anywhere, so I don’t know what exactly is going on, but it sounds nice.

The Assumption is going to be bittersweet for me this year. On the one hand, my parish is St. Mary’s so this is one of our several patronal feast days. On the other hand … one year ago, I left for Michigan immediately after Mass on the Feast of the Assumption to visit my sister Adriana in the hospital. I got there on the 16th, and she died on the 17th.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Assumption/assumption2.htm
A sermon from Saint Alphonsus Liguori on the Assumption.

This sermon is from St. John Damascene.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.