The Beatitudes Explained

Can anyone recommend a verse by verse analysis of the Beatitudes?

Thanks

As nobody as posted an answer, I will provide one though it is by a Protestant.
In some of his writings Arthur Pink would be described as antiCatholic. However I found his writings on the Beatitudes quite help. Please note that he was a Reformed Baptist.

pbministries.org/books/pink/Beatitudes/beatitudes.htm

Here is a site but I will also look for a book I have somewhere, I read a long time ago on them.

www.newadvent.org >B>

" Be Jesus … share Jesus "
Blessed Mother Teresa**

Go to AgapeBibleStudy.com and you’ll get a very in-depth study of the Beatitudes (for free!!!). Here’s the link:

While you’re at it, you can also enjoy several others. I especially recommend John, Romans, Hebrews, and Revelation.

May I suggest that you pick up copy of Pope Benedict XVI Book Jesus of Nazareth as a start. He writes about on the Beatitudes from page 70 - 99. And ***The Cross and the Beatitudes: Lessons on Love and Forgiveness ***by Fulton J. Sheen

Then CCC Paragraphs 1716 -1729 use the Cross references do a little digging yourself. You see how they relate to other teachings.

:tsktsk: Stay away from, far away from the writngs by Emmit Fox on the subject., a gnostic, new thought writer that is popular among some protestants.

Gregory of Nyssa’s commentary should also be read.

Our Pope’s new book “Jesus of Nazareth” has a chapter that analyzes the Beatitudes.

Hello there
Sorry for the long silence. I have been ill but am back at work again. Can some one please help me. I teach Religious “education” from grade 4 to 12. I could do with some vibrant relevant lesson for our youth. Ideas anyone? I see each class (there are about 30 learners in each grade) at least twice a week for about 45min at a time.

God bless you all
Sandy

Friends,
I strongly recommend a book called BACK TO VIRTUE by Peter Kreeft, published by Ignatius Press. This book gives a REAL explanation of the Beatitudes; not some watered-down, mamby-pamby glossing of Jesus' most important proclamation of the Kingdom. This book addresses Modernism and how humanity has come so far off track and how we can get back on. Kreeft is a philosopher with the "hutspa" to tell it like it is. He takes into account many other philosophers throughout time as well as addresses how other light-weight proclaimers of the Gospel have not done it justice. You will never understand the Beatitudes unless you read all other interpretations in light of this book; I promise you. May the love of our Risen Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.