The Best Advice Ever

There are lots of arguments as to what we need to do to get to Heaven, so many things the church says, but my priest kept saying the following:

We need to make the world a better place, for us having been in it

That’s it! :smiley: That all we need to do! There is nothing more powerful than a small but wise quote and that was his own!

Jesus came to save us and he wants us all to go to Heaven and theres a place there for all of us. All we need to do is to make the world a better place for us having been in it. That doesn’t mean standing out and being famous, oh no, people are doing this every single day. Ia m sure a lot, if not most of you are doing this. Think back, have you made someone smile this week? If not, have you done something that someone has benefitted from, or made their life, or even their day a little easier? I think you have!

I can think of many things I have done wrong, we all can. Its not about outweighing the good with the bad, but its our intentions that make us who we are.

Did you help someone with their homework? Did you cook them food even? Thats a daily thing I know but could you have chosen not too? YES you could, but you cooked anyway! These things are overlooked in our lives and they are the kind of things that make the word a better place and you have made that bit of happiness!

‘It is not who we are born, but what we turn out to be.’
‘Everyone has good and bad inside of them, its what we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.’

I’m assuming that you are joking? If you are looking for eternal life, here are some ideas:

1.John 3:15
that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
John 3:14-16 (in Context) John 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
2.John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.
John 3:15-17 (in Context) John 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
3.John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but must endure God’s wrath.
John 3:35-36 (in Context) John 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
4.John 5:24
Very truly, I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and does not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 5:23-25 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
5.John 6:40
This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.”
John 6:39-41 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
6.John 6:47
Very truly, I tell you, whoever believes has eternal life.
John 6:46-48 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
7.Acts 13:48
When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and praised the word of the Lord; and as many as had been destined for eternal life became believers.
Acts 13:47-49 (in Context) Acts 13 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
8.1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I received mercy, so that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display the utmost patience, making me an example to those who would come to believe in him for eternal life.
1 Timothy 1:15-17 (in Context) 1 Timothy 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
9.1 John 5:13
Epilogue ] I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.