The Best Depiction of the Blessed Virgin

What is your favourite depiction of the Mother of Christ?

Theotokos, the Mother of God

One of my favorites:

This one, for me. No haloes, no angelic overtones–just a mother and son, Jewish (as they most profoundly were):
[ATTACH]13410[/ATTACH]

Any one that is not blonde lol

http://www.olsj.net/images/olsorrow.jpg

I have a particular devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows and I love this image of her with the seven swords piercing her heart.

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Anyone with a favorite depiction of her in a movie/program/video?

For video I would say Olivia Hussey from Jesus of Nazareth and the actress from Passion of the Christ.

What a touching picture :).

:thumbsup:

Ooh, I love Mary’s particular beauty in this picture.

On TV/movies: Olivia Hussey in “Jesus of Nazareth” is the best depiction of the Blessed Virgin.

I second (third) Olivia Hussey as the Blessed Virgin. I still think that Olivia Hussey in her prime was the most beautiful woman on earth. She is still beautiful today as an older woman.

As for paintings/drawings, this painting by the Mormon artist Liz Lemon Swindle is my favorite depiction:

foundationarts.com/popup.aspx?src=images/Product/large/LL44s.jpg

Her eyes are piercing.

Wow! I found that one a few weeks ago and it’s my iPhone wallpaper!

Pieta. Sometimes I can’t even look at it.

-Tim-

I love it. My friend posted it around Christmas, saying she got it on a Christmas card a few years ago and it’s been on the fridge ever since. I thought, “Wow, that’s an awesome painting.” A few weeks later, I came across Liz Lemon Swindle’s site by chance, and found it on there. She does amazing work. Very lifelike, and “relatable.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.