The bible code

Have you guys heard of this?

The story is everything we need to know about human origins, history and future is encoded in the Torah (first five books of Bible) in its Hebrew form.

Just saw this documentary on the History Channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tbtdm4Zpy-k

Meh. Like a thousand other stories.

[quote="loko, post:1, topic:286658"]
Have you guys heard of this?

The story is everything we need to know about human origins, history and future is encoded in the Torah (first five books of Bible) in its Hebrew form.

Just saw this documentary on the History Channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tbtdm4Zpy-k

[/quote]

Bible Codes are just what you would normally get in any piece of text. See The Rise and Fall of the Bible Code for a thorough treatment.

Short version: Bible Codes are spurious.

rossum

:bounce::wave:

Be careful - I would say that trying to find extra meaning in the bible by treating the word of God as some sort of code is misguided.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

[quote="benjohnson, post:5, topic:286658"]
Be careful - I would say that trying to find extra meaning in the bible by treating the word of God as some sort of code is misguided.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

[/quote]

Yeah but "till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law", Matthew 5:18, and "thou hast ordered all things in measure, and number, and weight", Wisdom 11:20, and "the law of the LORD is perfect", Psalm 19:7.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.