The BOOK of JERANECK: A Fuller Testament of Jesus Christ (Mormonism 2.0)

The Lord has raised up the prophet Matthew Gill to restore the true Church of Jesus Christ. He has also produced new scripture after being visited by an angelic being who gave him the Urim and Thummim: The Book of Jeraneck: A Fuller Testimony of Jesus Christ. It chronicles the ancient Britons’ encounter of Jesus Christ.

Sound familiar?

What’s great is the Mormon reaction to this: nauvoo.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001167 (you can find loads of other Mormon forums discussing this). What I find so interesting is how incredibly skeptical they are to this guy yet so seemingly credulous to Joseph Smith. If you read these pages and were to substitute “Joseph Smith” for “Matthew Gill”, and “Book of Mormon” for “Book of Jeraneck”, almost every single criticism they lodge against this new religion is identical to what traditional Christians have said about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, from “he just copied large segments of previous scripture”, “he’s not very original in his use of proper nouns”, to various criticisms of matters of archaeology and science.

The cognitive dissonance in these Mormons is just amazing. How is it that they can so (rightfully) see this guy as a fraud despite his behavior almost being a parody of Joseph’s!?

Edit: The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ’s website:
thelatterdaychurchofchrist.blogspot.com/

How interesting. I don’t see how a Mormon couldn’t use the same logic they are using towards the Book of Jeraneck and apply it to the Book of Mormon and such.

It all traces back to an obscure bible code. Hidden somewhere within the sentence “For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch as to deceive (if possible) even the elect.” is the secret that unlocks the truth of the matter.

I have enough trouble staying free from sin and being faithful to the true church, to be concerned with false prophets and sects.

You could add Saint Pauls letter to the Galatians: I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you to the grace of Christ and turning to a different gospel - not that there is another gospel......But even if we, or an angel from Heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we preached to you, let him be accursed. .As we have said before, so now I say again, if any one is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed. [Galatians 1:6-9 RSV-Catholic Edition] Theres also the bit about itchy ears…

Suckers for novelty! :frowning:

:dts:each now and then someone comes up with something and claim it from GOD!!! then tries to sell it to make a wealth !!! I checked “Matthew Gill” on youtube and he is only marketing his new books !!!http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

However, thank you “Fiasco” for that Biblical quote to remind everyone…http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

The spiritual blindness caused by Mormonism is just that, a very real, very deep seated blindness and deafness. The real thing.

That is why Mormons cant see it. Legitimately so, they are incapable of seeing it.

It’s only by God’s grace that that blindness is cleared up and healed.

Just my .01

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! and if you belive that, i have some ocean front property in South Dakota to sell ya.

EPIC! Another Mormon type church to contend the faith with. Bring it on!:smiley:

The good thing about Scripture passages like that one is that they can be applied universally to those sects and cults.

“One size fits all!” :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.