The Book of Mormon Movie

I was in Blockbuster last night, and I ran into the Book of Mormon the Movie. I had a bit of a double take, then I looked at it, and it was only part one of a five part series! Has anyone else heard of this film or viewed it? I might rent it just for the heck of it…we’ll see.
God Bless,

Justin

When I used to have a satellite, I used to get the BYU channel with it. Their communications (drama?) department puts out lots of movies and other series. I would be surprised if they didn’t make one of the Book of Mormon.

I just saw it at Blockbuster as well. It’s a drama (fiction, no less) depicting the early Mormons’ divine revelation telling them to travel across part of Eurasia, build a boat, and sail to America to establish Jesus’s first-string of followers around 600 B.C.

Mormons claim that their ancestors came to America around that time, and had great cities and wars with the bad people (that became the current American Indians), and of course had the true faith. Granted, the claims that the livestock they had here in America to live off didn’t actually come from Europe until after 1300 A.D. is of little consequence, and the fact that these “great cities” have been disproven archaelogically, this Book of Mormon story is still staunchly defended. I’m sure the movie is just trying to provide some legitimacy to their claim and to get their foot in the door with Hollywood, since Mel Gibson seems to have the last word to date.

Just another bit of info. I am not totally sure, but I believe, at least out here in Vegas, Blockbusters are mormon owned. :twocents: Has nothing really to do with what you’re talking about, but …

peace

So not only do we have the “Book of Mormon”…we NOW have the “Movie of Mormon”? :eek:

Thats TWO to many Mormons for me… :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.