The Brown Scapular

I recently got a Brown Scapular from my church,However my priest doesn’t know what to do or say to bless it/ me with it. I said I’d find out for him but I can’t really find anything on it. Can anyone help me?

See the bottom of this page…

sistersofcarmel.com/brown-scapular-information.php

Check with the www.bluearmy.com. It is the Vatican approved International World Apostolate of Fatima, Blue Army. or call 908-689-1700. God Bless, Memaw

The official and current Rite of enrollment is this:

carmelitanacollection.com/rite.php

From the web site:

1. The traditional form of the Scapular must be used for the blessing and enrollment. It may then be replaced by the appropriate medal.

I hope you receive many benefits and graces from the Brown Scapular, HelpingStranger!

Mimi

A word of caution about the Sisters of Carmel, they are a renegade order in Colorado Springs, CO–no approval from the Bishop, or Vatican. There used to be a letter from the Bishop of Colorado Springs on the Diocese website; asking us to pray for them to come back into communion with the Diocese and Rome. The letter didn’t make it into the Web redesign 3 years ago. I live in a neighboring Archdiocese, we’ve had no word about their status changing.

I wouldn’t take any information on their website to heart. :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.