The call just came - my divorce is final!

Hi again!

Wow. Anyone who tells your that NY State is a difficult state to get divorced in really might not know what they’re talking about. I started the process on May 11th and now it’s done.

I did all my own paperwork. Because of my financial situation, didn’t have to pay for anything other than the sheriff serving my husband the papers. He ignored the papers and in twenty days I was able to turn them all in, which was less than two weeks ago. The court just called and said that the judge signed them and I can pick them up anytime.

Again, Wow! I can’t believe that this is finally over! It is such a relief to know that there is nothing he can hold over my head now, or threaten to take my daughter away, or any of the other nasty things he was threatening to do. I have full custody and can keep him from ever hurting her again a lot easier.

I am so thankful for the prayers through this time. They definitely helped!

Now on to much better days! :slight_smile:

Trish

May today be the first day of the rest of your life - full of happiness, holiness, and love.

Wishing you all the best in your new life.

~Liza

Stay close to Him and His mother, and I am so glad you are doing ok! Hang in there, sister!

Thank you both so much. :slight_smile:

My faith has grown so much since getting out of an abusive situation. Every day is a new journey and I learn more every day.

Trish, I am grateful for the relief you finally have. Know that your strength and peace come from God. You and your precious daughter will remain in our prayers each night. We will especially pray that you find and follow God’s perfect will for your life as you move forward. Following His will is always our path to perfect joy.

God bless you.
Gertie

Divorce is really only as complicated as the party’s involved want to make it. If you want to wage a war for every dime it’s going to be a long and drawn out process. If you’re willing to just sign the dotted line and be done with it then it’s a process that takes several weeks.

:thumbsup: Hi!! sister,im rose frm singapore…im so happy for you ,well praying and to be closer to god does help.your so lucky cos you onto a new least of life now,as for me im in the begining stage,its really hard to go thru all the physical,mental abused for 17 solid years. i devote my life to my family.financially im crippled no saving nothing at all…Im all alone trying so hard to get back on to my feet again.Im lost and confused dear.its nice to see people who go thru what i’ve been thru,managed to get out of it with a big relieved.take care dear i wish that im in your shoe now…

You are in my prayers. May your trials be over soon as well!

God bless!

Trish

Way to go, Trish!!! big hugs.

Good news Trish!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.