The Carthusian Rite

sanctamissa.org/en/resources/rites/carthusian-rite.pdf

What benefits and divine exultation the silence and solitude of the desert hold in store for those will can enter: into themselves and remain there as much as they like, diligently cultivating the seeds of virtue....

Contemplation is offered also to others Catholics, fort those of us not actually living in a Charterhouse, we need to personalize our guest for silence and solitude.

But how many priests celebrates the old Carthusian rite?
I lived in Charterhouse and I can say so the Carthusian rite is most beautiful rite!

chartreux.org/
is oficial site od The Carthusian Order, and in this site is also about liturgy.
But all forbidden for lay people…
I looking for priest, who know the old Carthusian rite.

St. Bruno mentions " STRONG WILL". This relates to Christian resignation/ surrender relates to the Carthusian lifestyle.
How it does this is, to want to acquire God and develop virtues, to surrender all to God, You have to WILL IT!

The Carthusian s way of life is not for many. I think it takes the strongest of persons to follow thais way because You do have to will it every moment of Your life!
And I WILL!

You will have to find a Carthusian priest who knows it. That will be extremely difficult.

Yes, I know it, this is very difficult!
I will pray for it, in solitude of my heart.

Do you plan on becoming a Carthusian monk?

YES! But nun, becouse I am women.
I have after 6 months Postulat in the Charterhouse in France, Marnhagues et Latour, but now I have very difficult, becouse I am 42 years old!
In the Postulat all OK, but my age!
I living like a hermit about 25 years, now in Finnland in old house in forest 30km from Kuopio town, I will go to the Charterhouse, but I am little bit old.
But I try again! I am strong.

[quote="Inge_Torquemada, post:7, topic:330372"]
I have after 6 months Postulat in the Charterhouse in France, Marnhagues et Latour, but now I have very difficult, becouse I am 42 years old!
I living like a hermit about 25 years, now in Finnland in old house in forest 30km from Kuopio town, I will go to the Charterhouse, but I am little bit old.

[/quote]

Good luck!

Thank You very much, my dear Friend in Faith in Christ!
Yes, I try again...

[quote="Inge_Torquemada, post:7, topic:330372"]

[/quote]

God give you strength! :)

God keep you! :D

Yes!
I love also this Confessio Fidei magistri Brunonis, I pray this every day in my home.

CONFESSIO FIDEI MAGISTRI BRUNONIS:

Credo firmiter in Patrem et Filium et Spiritum Sanctum, Patrem ingenitum, Filium unigenitum, Spiritum Sanctum et utroque procedentem et has tres Personas unum Deum,
Credo quod idem Dei Filius conceptus sit de Spiritu Sancto ex Maria Virgine.
Credo quod virgo castissima fuerat ante partu virgo in partu, et post partum virgo in aeternum permansit.
Credo quod Dei Filius conceptus sit inter homines ut verus homo sine peccato.
Credo quod idem Dei Filius invidiose captus est a Judaies, injuriose tractatus, injuste ligatus, consputus, flagellatus, mortuus, sepultus.
Descendit ad inferos, et captivos suos inde liberaret.
Descendit propter redemptio nem nostram et resurexit, ascendit ad coelos, inde venturus judicare vivos et mortos.
Credo Sacramento quae Catholica credit et venatur Ecclesia, et nominatim quod censecratur in altari verum Corpus esse, veram Carnem et verum Sanguinem Domini nostri Jesu Christi, quem et nos accipimus in remissionem peccatorum nostrorum, in spem salutis aeternae.
Credo carnis resurrectionem, vitam aeternam.
AMEN

Confiteor et credo Sanctam atque ineffabilem Trinitatem, Patrem et Filium et Spiritum Sanctum, unum Deum naturalem, unius substantiae unius naturae, unius majestatis atque virtutis.
Et Patrem guidem non genitum, non creatum sed ingenitum profitemur.
Ipse Pater a nullo originem ducit, ex quo et Filius nativitatem et Spiritus Sanctus processionem accepit.
Fons ipse igitur et origo est totius Divinitatis.
Ipse quoque Pater, essentia quidem ineffabilis, substantia sua Filium genuit ineffabilis, nec tamen aliud quam quod ipse est genuit, Deus Deum , lux lucem.
Ab ipso ergo est omnis paternitas in coelo in terra.
AMEN

Is possible get this old Holy Mass, the Carthusian rite in DVD, or other?
I looking to youtube, but I get nothing.

I would love to be able to attend Mass said in that rite :), but unfortunately I don’t think any one other than Carthusian priests are able to say it. And Carthusian priests as I understand it do not have any ministry as they’re hermits.

It really is a beautiful vocation. Prayers for you in discerning God’s call.

In site parkminster.org.uk/
is something in CD.
IN THE SILENCE OF THE WORD

I seeking all the time this…the Carthusian rite is my passion.

I have that CD! It is wonderful! I have it on my iPhone and often listen to it in the car when commuting to/from work.

I will buy that CD, but I can pay only in euro. Yestarday I wrotte to the Parkminster.

I will this rite also in DVD. Is possible buy somewhere?

Carthusian, contemplative, monastic spirituality is a receptive spirituality. The monk (or nun) knows he is unable to cope with the addictive power on sin in his life and enters a structured, rule-bound setting in order to gain an extrinsic crutch that will help him convalesce. If sin is an addiction, the men and women will always be recovering rather than recovered sinners. In admitting this weakness, this inability to conquer sin by himself, the monk is set free from the false boundaries with which he formerly tried to construct a self, set free to receive himself back as the re-formed image of God, Genuine securitas, freedom from anxiety, is created by the ascetic limits.
The boundaries established by the rule and the physically demarcated Carthusian eremus dit not constrict real freedom: rather, they restricted a false freedom that was really addiction, a false love to good creation. They restricted this false freedom in order to set the monk free to love God rightly and derivatively, to live properly with order men and women and to use the good things of creation....

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.