The Catholic Blogosphere: Q&A with Father John Zuhlsdorf

From MagazineAmerica:

(snip)

Your Catholic blog consistently draws more readers from around the world than many Catholic print publications. How have you been so successful?

I write about things people care about and I try to have a little something for everyone. If some posts, for example about liturgical translations, go into the philological weeds, I then also bring out points anyone can get. Mixing things up probably helps, too. I have posts on cooking or movies or birds I see out the window, books and oddities, both amusing and irritating. Perhaps most importantly, I provide something to push people or for people to push against. Finally, I try to “leave a tip”, that is, offer something that is mine, personal.

You also contribute to television and radio programs in addition to working on your dissertation and serving in a parish. Where do you spend most of your time?

(snip)

Do you expect to continue blogging after you finish your doctoral dissertation and go back to full-time ministry?

(snip)

What positive contributions do Catholic blogs make to the life of the church?

(snip)

Some Catholics avoid reading blogs because the content often appears sharp and divisive. What would you say to them?

(snip)

You often take strong liturgical positions on your blog which draw criticism from various segments of the American church, including progressives and traditionalists. How do you respond to those criticisms?

(snip)

What are some positive things in the Catholic media these days?

(snip)

What are the current challenges for Catholic media?

(snip)

What are your hopes for the future of Catholic media?

(snip)

If you could say one thing to Pope Francis in person, what would it be?

If you are not going to live in the Apostolic Palace, could I?..

(snip)

Any final thoughts?

(snip)

A good interview…worth the five or so minutes to read.

Good stuff, thanks for posting

**For us Catholics, everything we do and all that we are goes back to our sacred liturgical worship of God as a church. If that isn’t in order, nothing else will be well-ordered. All our attempts at a New Evangelization will be too shaky and ephemeral to stand. Our attempts to communicate the good news will be so much vapor. Our sacred liturgy is Christ’s Communication to us. An early document of the Pontifical Council for the Social Communication, Communio et progressio, pointed out that Christ is the “perfect Communicator”. Liturgy is our most perfect form of Communication, ad intra and ad extra, within the church or outward to the world. ** So, we need to renew our liturgical worship along the lines Pope Benedict laid out so thoughtfully, and we need to deepen a theology of communication. When we get those squared away, we will be more effective.

Others have said similar to this, and I’ll give a big AMEN to it!

LOL at the combox. The person there couldn’t figure out why she got banned from his blog since all she did was label all US military personnel as “killers.” Who could object to that?

Some people really do live in bubbles.

Yep. Elsewhere the same person wonders whether “Z” will ever “repent”.
Good interview :).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.