“The Catholic Church…has become one of Islam’s loudest boosters”

What I got out of this article is that it made an assessment of Pope Francis on how political he is and what he is doing to find common ground with Islamic leaders. It confuses non-Catholics and Catholics alike as to his actions. Personally, I am of the opinion that he makes too many politically statements which can easily be misunderstood. The fall out of it is then that, as an example, I as a Catholic who is not knowledgeable on the entire subject is left to defend the Pope’s actions what he possibly could have meant and what his actions could possibly indicated. I am looking forward to your opinions.*

jihadwatch.org/2017/04/the-catholic-church-has-become-one-of-islams-loudest-boosters

In this excellent piece, George Neumayr refers to the rupture of relations between the Vatican and al-Azhar that took place during the time of Pope Benedict. As I explained here, that rupture took place because Pope Benedict dared to speak out about the Muslim persecution of Christians. By contrast, Francis energetically defends Islam, and leaves the persecuted Christians twisting in the wind, so he is acceptable to al-Azhar. *cdn.jihadwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Pope-Francis8.jpg
“The Papal Propagandist for Islam Heads to Egypt,” by George Neumayr, American Spectator, April 26, 2017 (thanks to Lookmann): jihadwatch.org/2017/04/the-catholic-church-has-become-one-of-islams-loudest-boosters

What I perceive from Holy Father Francis is that his greatest wish is to inspire in the Church a true sense of love, as defined in 1 Corinthians 13, for ALL people, neighbor and enemy alike. He is going out of his way to lead by example on this front. I don’t believe He is trying to radically change any doctrines or defined practices of the faith; he is simply trying to inspire Catholics, and all Christians, to practice our faith in the manner we profess.

There are others who see it…differently.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.