The Catholic Church; it's the real thing!

youtube.com/watch?v=6sP0yDQ4hGM&NR=1

:smiley: :thumbsup:

Thanks FCEGM.

What does everyone else think? Like it? Don’t like it?

No more opinions?

Any comments?

The Catholic church but not the Roman Catholic church. This is such an old argument yet RCs still try to use Ignatius comment to justify their position.

Inseparable. That’s where Peter went, because that was the center of known civilization in biblical times. BTW, we are still in biblical times, I might add.

Right, when Ignatius wrote that The Church was still undivided. It wasn’t until over a millennium and an half that the Protestant denominations began to break away to follow the false man made doctrines of Luther, Calvin, etc. Until then Christianity was only The Catholic Church.

Also, you should be aware the The Catholic Church is communion of many Sui Juris churches all in communion with each other and the Holy See, and the ‘Roman’ Catholic Church is only one of them.

Cute idea. Also, the first time many have seen anything close to Saint Niklaus.

What does Peter have to do with it :shrug:

Also Rome is not the center of civilization any more.

That is why the official title is The Catholic Church.

You obviously need to study church history a little more carefully. The orthodox church broke away first. And when did I say I was a follower of Luther’s or Calvin’s :shrug: They also didn’t create false man-made doctrine. They wrote commentary on scripture which represented their interpretations. Obviously many agreed with them or no one would have ever left the RCC.

Also, you should be aware the The Catholic Church is communion of many Sui Juris churches all in communion with each other and the Holy See, and the ‘Roman’ Catholic Church is only one of them.

Well first and foremost followers of Christ are called Christians as noted in the book of Acts. Catholic just means universal. Actually Ignatius said wherever Jesus is there is the Kathilocos (universal) church. He used universal to describe the church, not to create a label for the people within it. Jesus says where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name I am there among them. Our church certainly does that every week so I guess Jesus is there with us. Unless he lied of course. NOT!!! So by ignatius definition we are part of the universal church as well.

According to who?? Catholic just means universal as stated in another post. Followers of Christ are not called “universals”. We’re called Christians. The official title is the Christian church which is Catholic or Universal in nature. Big difference.

The Church.
{snip}

There would still be Protests if the church had been headquartered in Katmandu! The city does not matter, unless it is part of a hackneyed slur.

How many churches did Christ found? How many can even claim to trace directly back to the Twelve? I love the church Christ founded. I love the Sacraments that Christ instituted for the sake of our souls. I love the antiquity of it all. I love eating the Body and drinking the Blood of Christ. What’s not to love about the saving Body and Blood of Christ?

Christ’s peace.

Any church that believes the literal eating of Jesus flesh and drinking of blood is the only way to salvation can’t be the real thing.

Wow, and Catholics wonder why atheists think their beliefs are nutty…

It’s just a cracker and wine, it’s all it was and it’s all it will ever be. Wait, it’ll eventually turn to waste after it’s passed through the digestive system. All catholics are digesting Jesus. No wonder they feel so much guilt :wink:

Yup!
youtube.com/watch?v=hl-08atFqzc

The Churches in the Orthodox Communion were part of the original undivided Catholic Church. The schism is indeed sad, but schism is not the same as starting new churches based on new doctrines.

Well first and foremost followers of Christ are called Christians as noted in the book of Acts. Catholic just means universal. Actually Ignatius said wherever Jesus is there is the Kathilocos (universal) church.

Yes, It is especially interesting that it is from a Bishop of Antioch who learned at the very feet of John and Peter who first put down in writing the Term Catholic Church; for it ias also at Antioch that the followers of Jesus were first called Christians.
Both first called Catholic and first called Christian in Antioch.

Ignatius was speaking of The Church Universal throughout his writings and was most assuredly referring the The Church Catholic Church.

Grace an peace to you my brother in Christ.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.