The Catholic Guy on Sirius' Catholic Channel

New subscriber listening to The Catholic Guy on Sirius' Catholic Channel. Oh my gosh, listening at work, it was all I could do from busting out in laughter.

It's a hosted by Lino Rulli who's bio from Sirius' website is below and co-hosted by a younger NYC area Priest.

From 1998-2004, Lino Rulli was host and executive producer of Generation Cross, a nationally syndicated Catholic comedy. The ground-breaking television show received over 10,000 emails and Lino won back-to-back Emmy awards for Program Host.

Lino has also worked as a features reporter for WCCO-TV and pop culture commentator for KMSP-TV. He was recently co-executive producer on The Last Flagraiser, a documentary aired nationally on CBS stations. The piece won the Emmy award for Best Documentary, the Scripps-Howard National Journalism Award, and the National Headliner Grand Award.

As founder of Linose Productions, LLC, he is responsible for a team whose credits include: Dateline NBC, The CBS Evening News, Food Network, HGTV, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Charities USA, among others.

Lino has a bachelor's degree in communications and a master's degree in theology.

And a description of the show:

Lino Rulli is described by his friends as "The Catholic Guy" because that is exactly what he is… an everyday Catholic guy with a fresh, fun, and often off-beat take on living out the faith in the world today. Join Lino, "The Catholic Guy," for a look at the world unlike any you’ve heard before.

This is show is a riot (not for your typical Catholic grandma)!

Father is giving up sweets for Lent so for a Man vs Food Challenge, Father is going to see how many doughnut holes he can snarf down in 3 minutes washing them down with wine coolers…yes wine coolers as Lino’s bosses told them "don’t get drunk on the air on “Big Bone Tuesday” as they are calling today. Lino comes back with a comment that “I feel like i’m 14 again looking for whatever booze I can get my hands on”.

I used to watch Lino on Generation Cross which showed on Catholic TV in Boston. He has always been really funny.

He would do this little cooking segment with this wize cracking priest that was hilarious!

[quote="ringil, post:3, topic:274528"]
I used to watch Lino on Generation Cross which showed on Catholic TV in Boston. He has always been really funny.

He would do this little cooking segment with this wize cracking priest that was hilarious!

[/quote]

It was like listening to morning drive-time radio, that's how funny it was. Lino and Father did close the show by being serious about Lent.

Well . . . I am more than "grandma age" and I listen to Lino and Fr. Rob every day on the drive home from work. It is a really good show, insightful (in spite of itself) and just really, really funny. I am a Catholic who tends heavily to the conservative side but you know, those two guys are a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend tuning in.

Just recently my car’s free trial of Sirius radio ended, but during that time I discovered his show and I loved it. I wish he had a podcast or something. (or does he?)

Believe it or not, we grandmas made popular some of the best comedy of our lifetime.

And Lino, he rocks.

He's one of the reasons I want to get satellite radio. After reading his interview in Catholic Digest, I downloaded his book, Sinner, and it's a lot of fun so far.

Ohhhh, I posted above about the new Roku channels? Catholic TV has a Lino Rulli series of videos about sin!

Just grabbed it for my Kindle :slight_smile:

catholicguyshow.libsyn.com/

:bowdown:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.