The CBC is anti-catholic and anti christmas

Today I read an article on the web about the Popes remarks on how materialistic Christmas has become. I was pleased to hear this as I totally agreed with it.

ktvu.com/family/5512442/detail.html

Then I turned on the TV to watch the news. The introduction to the story was "The popes remarks about the holiday season has some saying that it belittles Christmas”

I am just so sick of popular media in Canada. The pope should speak out against it directly. The pope didn’t say anything wrong here at all.

The CBC is always trying its best to make it seem as if everyone is against the pope.

They should just shut their mouth sometimes.

I dont knwo everything the Pope said,but in that little article you posted, it seems like he had awesome things to say about chrismtas, and didnt belittle it at all. He was simply saying we need to come back to the heart of christmas, adn not worry about the presents and toys and expenses…

I have to say the same. I couldn’t find anything in the link you posted saying anything negative about the pope’s remarks. The media had quite positive things to say from what I read.

My brother’s girlfriend told him that she was watching TV and on the news there was a man that was saying that Benedict has no right to tell people to be less commercial during Christmas because… get this… he wears prada shoes…

GOod Grief!

Anybody that has listened to much shortwave radio will tell you that the CBC is usually very critical of the U.S. in general. So I guess you can add anti-american to the list of antis.

[quote=Jayson]My brother’s girlfriend told him that she was watching TV and on the news there was a man that was saying that Benedict has no right to tell people to be less commercial during Christmas because… get this… he wears prada shoes…

GOod Grief!
[/quote]

Yes, Prada shoes and Gucci glasses. Our “friends” at ABC used this as a tickler (several times) for their story on the pope’s speech. Although the story seemed to be pretty fair handed, they buried it at the end of the segment that the shoes and glasses are gifts from friends and well wishers.

Oh well.

Notworthy

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.