The Childish Left

The Childish Left

To me, a Roman Catholic Right winger, the actions and hypocrisy of the Left would be amusing, were it not so damaging to themselves, to the Country they CHOOSE to call “home,” and to the Freedoms we cherish.

I have great respect for the freedoms this county grants us, while at the same time am embarrassed by the levels of hypocrisy evidenced by the Left, and modeled for the world to see by the National Democratic Party, who in my opinion betray their pledged -allegiance to America by their childish pranks, such as avoiding there Elected duty, to vote for or against the New Presidents candidates.

I’m 72 years old, and don’t ever recall the Republican Party acting is such a manner. But admit, that I could be wrong on this point?

Because the Left are not now getting “their way” and advancing a further subversion of morality; in an attempt to make America into an amoral country, to reflect their personal beliefs, which is a sadly accurate reflection of today’s Democratic Party, where childish actions seem to be their only response.

Boycotting the Inauguration events, boycotting their elected DUTY to vote; constant complaining, revolts, accusations that border on the insane; such as claiming that “their religious rights” are being taken from them. I actually read this from one of them. That same person claimed to be “embarrassed” by the moral absolutes of the Right. “Who do they think they are?” Implying our Left-wing rights are valid, while yours are not; with no regard, no respect, and I expect very little knowledge of our actual American History.
America was founded with Freedom OF religion; NOT freedom FROM religion. The Left smiles that they were able to impose immorality, same sex “marriage”, Transgender bathrooms, and of course abortion “rights.” The Left act like juvenile-delinquents now that they have lost control of our Government’s highest Offices. Grow up already!

The Fifth Commandment is “Thou Shalt not kill.” That friend is God’s Law, which supersedes any human contravention of it. Freedom OF Religion, never was Freedom FROM religion.

The Lunacy, the frenzy, the hysteria of the Secular Press is incomprehensible, and fuels the flames of grossly-irrational behaviors to come. The lack of common sense, logic, and charity are profound. What happened to “IN GOD WE TRUST?”

The Left lost, because they LOST touch with America, and American values; values that had made this nation truly great; with what our Founders foresaw, Constituted and that many died for.

Few things better amplify my sediments than the “public” [meaning the Left’s] outcry on President Trumps immigration ban. All he is trying to do is PROCTECT the Country he has sworn to protect; and yet rather than offering suggestions on how to make it more effective, perhaps even more fair; they expend all of their energies in vial idiocrasy, that serves not a single good or valid purpose, except to make themselves feel good. It is truly sad that the Left is some small manner reflects what once Great America has been turned into.

Today’s National Democratic Party, a Party I proudly belonged to for a great many years is now reflecting priorities, values, and practices that are abhorrent, gravely immoral, largely amoral, and so ineffective that they reduce themselves to childish actions and responses. That is truly embarrassing. WAKE UP AMERICA!

God Bless America, the land that We Love!

Patrick J. Miron
01/31/2017

PJM, All this news must be especially difficult for a certain set of older people and the very young. This is what comes to mind as I read you letter. For some, it must be impossible to digest…the disregard for life and lack of patriotism.
What also comes to mind are these words from Luke 22:46

He said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray that you may not undergo the test.”

First, we must be awake and pray to be right with Jesus Christ. In this way too, we care for all our brothers and sisters…especially those who seem lost and hard of heart.

Peace in Christ,
Beautiful

Where is the news link?

More labeling?

Not much to discuss here.

I’m pretty sure the “news link” requirement no longer exists. Although it would be nice if the mods could make an official announcement that it doesn’t. Perhaps it is merely not being enforced because the mods are prioritizing keeping the posts charitable, and I certainly do understand that. I myself have had to bite my fingers to resist the urge to lambaste certain posters.

Man sideswipes entire party for protesting the side supported by the pope and bishops.

Okay then.

Except this was not a news story at all. Merely the OP’s opinion. I can almost guarantee you if some of us had started a thread such as this, it would have been removed pronto. I’ve seen threads closed with news links.

I’m fairly sure that if you were to post a topic called “The Childish Right” it would also be allowed to stay up.

ETA: Wow, I posted even before you amended your post to include the obligatory “I am an oppressed liberal on rightist CAF” slant. I guess you’ll need a new axe soon…

Nothing like name-calling in the title of the thread.
Disappointed in you PJM. I’ve read your stuff on NCRs. I thought you were above this kind of thing.
I guess not.

Legitimately think most of the liberal-leaning posters in this forum can identify with issues across the aisle generally, but especially in these dark times are more interested in debating the specific issues and finding solutions rather than taking out an entire party.

No. I edited my previous post. I know I’ve had topics closed with news links after a very short time.

So you do expect the thread to be removed without a news link?

I had a news story with a link removed in under five minutes. And not everyone who doesn’t fall in line with Trump shills is liberal.

I agree.

Dang Patrick.
I’ve lost some respect for you.

Dear PJM…I’m 68, so I’m not far behind you in experience and in feeling saddened by the direction the USA has taken in my lifetime. However, I put the blame on the failure of Christians to uphold the truths of the faith in the teeth of growing secularism, rather than laying our problems at the feet of any political party.

Neither party is “God’s party”, but I do agree the Dems have gone farther off the rails than the Reps on some very basic and important issues. Still, it is God in whom we trust, not governments or politicians or ideologies, no matter how well-intentioned.

So, while I understand your rant, I think we need to work on the attitudes and reasons for the downturn in morality, etc. more than we need to point it out. To that end my dh and I have been praying daily for the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the culture of life, and for a restoration of morality and true tolerance in our country, while doing what we can to help make those things happen. I invite everyone who reads my post to do the same. :slight_smile:

There is none. It’s just an angry conservative rant about all the "should"s other people “should” be doing.

In lurking and reading these boards for awhile, I’ve noticed plenty of topics recently that had now new link or at best some commentary. I recall Joshman coming on a few weeks back starting a topic, incredulous that Catholics could vote for Donald Trump. There was no news story, just pages of ranting.

Perhaps the rules have changed?

I was new to this section, and I apologized.

Was that the thread where I added a news story from Pew that the vast majority of white Catholics did indeed vote for Trump while the vast majority of Latino Catholics did not?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.