The Church cannot sin!

What is it that I’m hearing of the Church sinning for her past errors?
Now the Church contains the truth, her judgment is never wrong concerning the spiritual. Other then that, everything else are social issues of the time. You can’t expect the Church to apologize say 100 years from now for her views of today??? What are the subjects and issues that the Church so far apologized? Can you please help me out here?
So far I think the Church is right that the earth is indeed the center of the universe. Didn’t God create the universe for man? Why didn’t people of the past understand that the Church meant it in the spiritual sense?
If other issues didn’t come to pass, the Church would never have been what she is in the present age.

[quote=Lovez4God]Now the Church contains the truth, her judgment is never wrong concerning the spiritual. Other then that, everything else are social issues of the time.
[/quote]

If the Church were purely a spiritual institution, this would be fine. However, the Church is a human, political, social, scholastic, bureaucratic, military, regulatory, and judicial institution. She’s made some mistakes in those fields over the years. Apologies are sometimes in order when that happens.

When it’s said that “the Church has sinned;” of course what is meant is the sins of her children: be it the clergy or the laity. The Church as a body of Christ herself is holy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.