The Church does triumph

Ive heard many people on these forums complain about how badly Vatican II was implemented, and how unorthodox a lot of priests were in the 60s-80s, how nuns stopped wearing the habit, etc. I have to admit that although I understood some of it, I did not see what the big fuss was. Im a young Catholic, and my whole life has been spent under Saint John Paul 2, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis. I can not even imagine large numbers of bishops opposing the Church`s teachings.

I did not realize how bad it was in the decades post Vatican II until I read this article about Mother Angelica, and how even bishops condemned her for adhering to the Church`s teachings: catholicleague.org/the-odyssey-of-mother-angelica/
Wow. :eek:

Im just writing this to encourage people that the Church does triumph: As a young Catholic, the only names I know of great people who stood up for the Church and her teachings. Those who opposed the Churchs teachings, who went about undermining it…those people are dust now. No one remembers them. I don`t think most us young Catholics even know them…Incredible. Keep staying faithful and have hope. Even though our culture is increasingly hostile to the Church, and Christians are being persecuted severely in many parts of the world, the Church itself is growing in holiness. I see now that God really is in control and he is pruning the Church.

God Bless :slight_smile:

“In him we have redemption by his blood, the forgiveness of transgressions, in accord with the riches of his grace that he lavished upon us. In all wisdom and insight, he has made known to us the mystery of his will in accord with his favor that he set forth in him as a plan for the fullness of times, to sum up all things in Christ, in heaven and on earth.” Eph 1:7-10

:thumbsup:

CLOSED

Threads must be about Catholic traditions or Catholic customs, not motivational commentaries.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.