The Church's teachings on marriage

Hi everyone,
Hopefully I post this in the right thread. I was hoping if someone could point to where I can read about the Catholic Church’s teaching regarding marriage, aside from of course the CCC. I’m just starting to read the CCC and was wondering if there are any other resources that explain the church’s teaching, such as the purpose of marriage, and so on.

If the resources could be online that would be very helpful to me because I’m not able to buy books at the moment. I do apologize as I feel that this might be an oft repeated question :o

Thanks for your responses! :slight_smile:
~Theresia

marriageuniqueforareason.org

usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/marriage/index.cfm

Click the “Library” link above the forum. “Catholic.com” has more than just forums!

Books: Three To Get Married by Archbishop Fulton Sheen; Cana is Forever by Charles Doyle (out of print but available on EWTN’s document library)

Encyclical: Casti Connubii by Pope Pius XI; Humanae Vitae by Pope Paul VI;

Apostolic Exhortation: Familiaris Consortio by Bl. Pope John Paul II

Section on the Vatican Website with a link to various documents on the topic of The Family:

vatican.va/themes/famiglia_test/santopadre_en.htm

For starters :slight_smile:

That’s a lot of resources! Thanks you guys :thumbsup:
runningdude, I never really noticed the Library link up top. Thanks :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.