(The Color of the Cross) and Jesus' skin color

There is a movie called the color of the cross coming out soon..... well i dont want to seem dumb ....mabey it cam out already regaurdless it seems interesting
it is the passion story from the perspective of a black man playing Jesus i like the concept from what Ive seen of it
any way this begs the question what was Jesus appearence(based on the info we have)
there was a documentary that re-creates the face from the shroud of turin (which dosent show skin color) from there the man of the shroud appears isreali and semitic his skin color however could vary (for instance the bible explains him feet to be the color of burnt copper and his hair to be woolen) this still may be symbollic of something else still it's still neat to put a face to the name (it dosent matter really as I like to say "if you want to see the face of Jesus look to Bl Mother Teresa or saint Dominic savio or even the Blessed mother or any of the Churches wonderful saints, if not convinced look at the eucharist" anyway I would love some feedback either about the movie or the bigger issue of Our Lord's appearence.

IMO, we will not know Jesus' appearance unless we are blessed with an authentic vision of Jesus (like Sr. Faustina). That doesn't happen to most of us, so we will only know Jesus' appearance when we die.

My 2 cents :)

Jesus has been portrayed artistically as black, white, asian etc. etc. as has his mother and I for one have always found that indicative of the fact that the message of Christ is universal. Also remember the following piece of scripture:-

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28

What the real Christ looked like could be debated but I’d feel ultimately while entertaining it’s a fruitless debate.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.