The coming wave of anti-abortion laws

The big Republican gains in the November elections strengthened and enlarged the anti-abortion forces in the House and the Senate. But it’s the GOP victories in the statehouses and governor’s mansions that are priming the ground for another round of legal restrictions on abortion.

Arkansas, for instance, already has strict anti-abortion laws. But with a Republican governor succeeding a Democrat who had vetoed two measures that would have banned most abortions beyond a certain stage of pregnancy, lawmakers plan to seek more restrictions — such as barring doctors from administering abortion drugs through telemedicine. Republican gains in the West Virginia Legislature will redouble pressure on Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin to accept a ban on most abortions after 20 weeks, which he has previously deemed unconstitutional. And Tennessee voters approved a ballot initiative that removes a 15-year barrier to legislation limiting abortion legislation in that deeply conservative state.

Abortion rights advocates have had setbacks in the states for several years, with a surge of legislative activity since 2011. Women seeking abortions may face mandatory waiting periods or ultrasound requirements. Clinics may face stricter building codes or hospital admitting privilege rules they can’t satisfy. Dozens of clinics have shut down in multiple states. Texas, for instance, has fewer than 10 abortion clinics now. A year ago, it had 40.

politico.com/story/2014/11/the-coming-wave-of-anti-abortion-laws-113196.html#ixzz3KNqA8mGo

Praying for steps in the direction of Life!

:thumbsup:

Fantastic.

The coming wave is supposed to occur because republicans gained political seats?

Yes. I think they are basing this on what Republicans (and some Democratic elected politicians) helped to pass after the wave election in 2010:

More than 200 abortion restriction laws were passed and signed into law from 2011 to 2013, according to Guttmacher’s data. That’s a very sharp uptick from the pace of the previous decade: From 2001 to 2010, 189 such laws were enacted , the data show.

washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/01/02/the-rapid-surge-of-state-abortion-restrictions-in-one-chart

Keep praying! Please Lord, forgive us.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but pray Lord, this comes to pass.

Abortion must be one of Satan’s biggest victories, I am guessing he will suffer all of those deaths when he is thrown into the lake of fire for good as if they were his own children.

Abortion was the one thing I hated even as a child, it is truly heart breaking.

Republicans did this in Texas despite strong opposition from the Pro-Abortion side. So why not believe that Republicans will do it in more places after they take control of Congress this January?

Shouldn’t we have seen a similar spike in 1994 when the Gingrich congress assumed a majority?

Let the waves come … America has needed that bath since 1973.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.