The Council of Zamora

Has anyone heard of this council? I came across it in an anti-Catholic book, and I’m trying to find out if it even existed. Can anyone help?

I couldn’t find any reference in Catholic sources. However, I did find a reference to what appears to have been a provincial church council that took place in Zamora in 1313 in the Jewish Virtual Library.

That was all I found also.

1313, Jews were required to wear the badge.

Do you have a link by any chance?

books.google.com/books?id=nkFDAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA125&lpg=PA125&dq=council+of+zamora+1313&source=bl&ots=vdeA73O8Xf&sig=DDCEG0fBI0qjAbtSVaQO2suoQwY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBWoVChMI05m0wYPtxgIVSDiICh3yZQ1e#v=onepage&q=council%20of%20zamora%201313&f=false

Thank you!!!

“A woman rides the beast” by Fundamentalist Dave Hunt?

It isn’t worth refuting.

99.999% of anti-catholic accusations, including those in Hunt’s books, originate in the book “Roman Catholicism” by Loraine Boettner. Karl Keating refuted every single accusation in “Catholicism and Fundamentalism”.

books.google.com/books/content?id=qn37ImknvSAC&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&edge=curl&imgtk=AFLRE70wa_Va7QYZHf46P9NwirnjJNRxY1QjAKcaOP9NpAqnmWBW6c4jIVQToaJ6En5rBajhvOJoPSW1igPtZ6a3BsQLa0pj7AdnSZgTG-LwCCmrbjgBTyR9UzERuc9EB5i5kv9S2hsk

The answer is in Karl’s book.

-Tim-

I have Keating’s book. I’m just doing it for myself. As I’m going through Hunt’s book, which I realize is a load of garbage, I’m doing research on the topics he’s talking about. I’m also comparing his interpretation of prophecy with David Currie’s in his book Rapture: The End Times Error That Leaves The Bible Behind.

If you want a fairly extensive answer to all this you can get it at these links which I took from the Ask An Apologist forum.

[LIST]
*]The Rapture
*] Without the Rapture, what is Revelation about?
*]Where does “Left Behind” go wrong?
*]The Antichrist
*]Hunting the Whore of Babylon
*]The Whore of Babylon
*]False Profit: Money, Prejudice, and Bad Theology in Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind Series
[/LIST]
Additional study:

[LIST]
*]What Jesus Really Said About The End Of The World

*]Beginning Apologetics 8: What Catholics Believe about the Second Coming, the Rapture, Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, and Indulgences
[/LIST]

Thank you for that. :slight_smile:

:thumbsup: You’re very welcome.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.