The Crucifix on Mecca's Front Porch

CWR interviews the author of a new book.

David Pinault: I wrote this book because I believe studying Islam can help us develop a fresh appreciation of our own Christian faith. Too often over the years I’ve witnessed Muslim-Christian interfaith dialogue gatherings in which, out of an understandable desire to lessen bigotry and foster good will, both sides minimize the radical differences between Islam and Christianity. This does a disservice to both religions. In fact Islam completely rejects the core beliefs of Christianity that distinguish it from all other religions. Studying a religion like Islam that rejects Christian doctrines so utterly can help us understand what is distinctive and uniquely precious about our Christian faith.

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2018/11/19/how-studying-islam-can-deepen-and-strengthen-your-christian-faith/

It looks like an interesting book, thank you.

The author says that Mecca’s Front Porch is the city Aceh Indonesia, at the northern tip of the island of Sumatra. I looked it up: people on a pilgrimage to Mecca, when traveling by sea, departed Indonesia from there to get to Mecca.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.