The Crusades

+JMJ

Ok all where is a good tape series or a good place to get books on the crusades?

[quote=Mperea75]+JMJ

Ok all where is a good tape series or a good place to get books on the crusades?
[/quote]

Look up a book regarding the crusades by a guy named Hillaire Biloc, which I believe is available through the Catholic Answers bookstore.

In addition to Belloc’s books, here are some great articles from the Catholic Educators Resource:

catholiceducation.org/links/search.cgi?query=crusades&submit.x=12&submit.y=17

needcoffee.com/html/dvd/crusades.htm :thumbsup:

[quote=Mperea75]+JMJ

[/quote]

IMHO the best history of the Crusades is by Steven Runciman, the link is to the first of three volumes, so you might want to try a library first.

rossum

Matthew Arnold from the Catholic Resource Center has a terrific 3-CD set called Fire and Sword: Crusade, Inquisition, Reformation. It debunks many of the anti-Catholic myths and falsehoods surrounding these events.

It is available at saintjoe.com/p/prod_desc.pl?id=325

Paul

I would recommend a short but excellent book by Jonathan Riley-Smith entitled “What Were The Crusades?”. It’s available from Ignatius Press.

I would advise against anything by Runciman. I read his trilogy, and its lackluster to say the least. He also concludes that the Crusades were morally repugnant, this goes along with a anti-Christian feel to the books.

:twocents:
A book I recently bought could help: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades). I bought it through American Compass, so they might have the author’s name listed. :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.