‘The Culling Has Begun’: Inside the iHeartMedia Layoffs

Um, is terrestrial radio really dead? Has iHeartMedia been a particularly good corporate citizen? Does Fox News have more integrity than iHeartMedia? Can CAF members point to any morally offensive causes that iHeartMedia has supported?

Well, BannedinBoston, there is a reason why God is allowing terrestrial radio in the United States to suffer.

Is it connected to why newspapers have suffered?

1 Like

Likewise.
Outside of my car I dont even own a functional radio.

The statistic shows the reasons for listening to less AM/FM radio in North America as of February 2019. The survey revealed that 41 percent of respondents stated that they listen to less AM/FM radio because there are more audio options in a car than just radio, and 37 percent cited the issue of commercials as a reason for reduced radio consumption. The decline in radio listenership was also found to be due to repetitive music, changes in format, the increase in streaming service opinions and a lack of enjoyment or ability to find preferred content.

1 Like

Because they’re the devil. :wink:

1 Like

It’s my understanding that terrestrial radio can be viable as a business in the United States. Unfortunately, I can’t say the mainstream pop music that has been successful in America over the past 20 years or so has been particularly good overall. How much of that music has been particularly wholesome? Would an orthodox Catholic parent really want his or her kid to be listening to the junk that passes for contemporary pop music in this day and age?

On a related note, I can’t say that the cable channel known as MTV is doing too well these days.

1 Like

Um, is artificial intelligence really to blame?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.