The dangerous teaching of modern christianity

Can anyone show me scripture where God extends His Mercy to someone before they accept Him as their Creator and repents of their sins?

Catholic and Christian Churches have no biblical foundation for doing so. Their concept of a “NEW OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT” IS COMING FROM SATAN.

BEWARE!!! and don’t be fooled by what seems like a beautiful and charitable offering to our sisters and brothers.

GOD’S MERCY IS THERE FOR ALL HIS CHILDREN ONCE THEY ACCEPT HIM AND REPENT - GOD DOES NOT CHANGE TO SUIT THE PRESSURES OF A SECULAR WORLD.

He might have mercy on them and give them the mercy to convert, otherwise mercy is for the repentant.

I think God offers grace of conversion out of His love not mercy - my 2 cents.

But if God hadn’t already shown His mercy, how would they have the grace to repent and accept Him?

You seem to be speaking as one who has complete and total understanding of the mystery of God’s mercy. When one does that, it is as if he is putting himself on equal footing with the Almighty himself, which could be just as dangerous to one’s salvation as not accepting Him, or repenting.

How and if God extends Mercy is God’s decision, and not ours to speculate on because we do not know the hearts of man. If you believe you do, you are usurping the power of God, and might very well be treading on dangerous ground.

Peace and all good!

:eek:
God can grant His mercy to any of His children that He wants because He is God and not One of His children. Just my :twocents:. :cool: :slight_smile:

Just to clarify this broad statement God does not have mercy on those who commit grave sins and then refuse to repent of those sins until death and commit final impetinence.They refuse his mercy at a point like that.

when you put the cart before the horse you are essentially accepting sin

From the Catechism, with my bolding:

2001 The preparation of man for the reception of grace is already a work of grace. This latter is needed to arouse and sustain our collaboration in justification through faith, and in sanctification through charity. God brings to completion in us what he has begun, "since he who completes his work by cooperating with our will began by working so that we might will it:"50

Indeed we also work, but we are only collaborating with God who works, for his mercy has gone before us. It has gone before us so that we may be healed, and follows us so that once healed, we may be given life; it goes before us so that we may be called, and follows us so that we may be glorified; it goes before us so that we may live devoutly, and follows us so that we may always live with God: for without him we can do nothing.51

And from Romans 11:32

For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

Not all people will accept God’s mercy, but it is freely offered to all.

yes - but if the church extends God’s mercy to those who have not repented - why do I say that? - homosexuals are welcome as all sinners are - but most don’t want to be Christians - they just want us to accept their lifestyle.

I think your post could have been phrased better, but essentially I agree.

I have a story
I suffered from a mortally sinful sexual addiction, and I fought it for a whole year, losing more ground daily.
My parents, pastor, others, all tried to remind me not to feel down about it, to feel Gods mercy, to feel his grace, that he will have mercy on me, all this, how accepting his mercy as your hope will save you. They did this to varying degrees. One said not to try a daily rosary for this, just remembering Gods mercy is better. Another said I should not feel so guilty. Another said I should not go to confession so much, and be happy and joyful christian. You know what? My addiction GOT WAY WORSE.

Then I found a traditionalist Catholic website that said bluntly. You have lust, you burn in hell. It had stereotypical descriptions of all the pains of hell, condemned me ruthlessly, and told me to pray a 15 decade rosary in hope of reparation, to go to weekly confession over it. And now, 2 months later, my addiction has vanished.

Did I stop due to fear? Hell no! (Pun intended). I stopped because I was not simply causing God to pour more mercy onto me, I was LEAVING him for hell. That is heartbreaking. The cold fact was that if I died like this, God would not run and chase me, I would have turned my back on him…and this realization is what snapped the addiction for good.

Funny how that worked. :rolleyes:

I have a strong devotion to the Divine Mercy. And Jesus said to St Faustina, If souls do not pass through my mercy they will pass through my justice. God does not wrap his mercy to accept our sins, we must shed them and actively enter into his mercy.
Good post, OP. :thumbsup:

Yes, as the Divine Mercy Diary shows us, WE must enter HIS mercy, HIS mercy is not going to just enter US as we sit and do nothing about our lives.
I agree again.

I’m not sure why you think the modern Catholic Church has moved away from the necessity of repentance.

I think most homosexuals still see it as a Church of judgment and disaproval.

1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit,

please excuse the post - it is sketchy at best - what I was trying to get at is God’s mercy of forgiveness of sins - if you don’t repent you are not offered it - in the bible God does not forgive anyone who has not asked. So if the church extends God’s Mercy in a general sort of way by rewording Catholic teaching at the october synod - then that would be wrong because they are putting the cart before the horse - and don’t say it can’t happen - many cardinals and bishops are in favor of it and I personally believe there are enough votes to change the teaching

Well, you are right, there is probably enough Cardinals to change teaching at the Synod.

But Church teaching cant change.

So what will happen is if enough votes are gotten to change the Church teaching, they will all be excommunicated. And a false Church will be set up, with the Pope leading the true one.

Be sure not to despair of Church teaching changing, the Church will remain pure, no matter how many MINDS change.

I wouldn’t be so sure the pope will head up the true church - many people think it is possible he is the false prophet in the book of revelation - regardless - we are not to follow any human teaching but what God has taught us in the bible - of course the problem with that is personal interpretation

To avoid any trouble…lets continue this in private. I will PM you.

Even if you lack faith in the cardinals and the Pope himself, place your faith in the Holy Spirit, who will not let the Church fall into error.

Also, we are to submit 100 percent to the Pope, no matter what he says. he cannot error.

So, according to Canon Law, if the pope embraces a hearsay publiclly, they immediately lose their seat. And the Papacy becomes vacant. So if that happens, sede vacante.
Of course I think Canon Law says other Bishops must officially depose him first, which is why the sedevacantists today are in error. But if error is embraced in high places…there will be a residence that deposes it…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.