The day America disappeared

This doesn’t exactly belong here in Secular News, especially considering some biblical references in the article, but I don’t know where else to put it.

"The day America disappeared

Most of us have probably figured that, if America were to end as a nation, it would be a gradual devolution like other world powers in history, with strength giving way to weakness, decay and death.

On the other hand, some may remember the paranoia of the Cold War, when there was fear that the U.S. might be obliterated in a surprise nuclear attack launched by the Soviet Union.

But a super volcano?

Hunting for some bit of information on another subject, this writer stumbled upon a 2005 article from the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) in which geologists issued a report calling for the establishment of a task force that would consider responses to the eruption of a super volcano. Like the one located in the U.S."…

Full article here: onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=539688

A related article:

"Supervolcano may be brewing beneath Mount St Helens

IS A supervolcano brewing beneath Mount St Helens? Peering under the volcano has revealed what may be an extraordinarily large zone of semi-molten rock, which would be capable of feeding a giant eruption.

Magma can be detected with a technique called magnetotellurics, which builds up a picture of what lies underground by measuring fluctuations in electric and magnetic fields at the surface. The fields fluctuate in response to electric currents travelling below the surface, induced by lightning storms and other phenomena. The currents are stronger when magma is present, since it is a better conductor than solid rock.

Graham Hill of GNS Science, an earth and nuclear science institute in Wellington, New Zealand, led a team that set up magnetotelluric sensors around Mount St Helens in Washington state, which erupted with force in 1980. The measurements revealed a column of conductive material that extends downward from the volcano. About 15 kilometres below the surface, the relatively narrow column appears to connect to a much bigger zone of conductive material."…

Full article here: newscientist.com/article/mg20227124.700-is-a-supervolcano-brewing-beneath-mount-st-helens.html?DCMP=NLC-nletter&nsref=mg20227124.700

I have to ask if they have a section on ths forum for prophetcy(sp). This would be more a moral question of if we think America by her sin is going to be destroyed by God’s Judgement and what that judgment would be?

I think of the book of Revelation where Jesus says that as to the hour and the second when the Lord comes again to judge the world of our sin, we are not to know. We can know the season, but not the exact time. I think of Hal Lindsey and other Bible scholars who have been wrong in their preditions. I don’t think it is wise to try and second guess when God’s judgment is coming. I think it is more important to try and walk with the Lord in the here and now. To pray for our nation and to pray that the Lord would save us and protect us from the judgement that we know someday will come.

I’m going to miss this country. It was a nice experiment in freedom.

I understand completely. After this administration, I fear America will never be the same. I pray I’m wrong, but it is not looking good for us and the America we knew.

With all that is going on, I do wonder if our day of judgment is near. But, as you indicate, there is no way to know one way or another. The best we can do is try to prepare ourselves so that we are ready, and also try to help our loved ones be ready too, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

I say bring on the end time! Let the “fun” begin.

Can someone please fast forward past the 7 years of tribulation? Jesus, please come again now? Please?

Ah, that would be lovely! I sometimes wish we could beg our way out of the Tribulation. But that’s not gonna happen, I’m afraid. :frowning:

Since when is a seven year tribulation a part of Catholicism?

The great tribulation will have lasted for 36 years for me this coming August;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.