The death of my father

My father passed away on Tuesday, from lung cancer, mercyfully he didnt have to suffer for too long.

Can I ask for a prayer for my dad, and all the nurses and doctor who looked after him and made sure his pain was controlled.

Thank you all.

Mark

Oh I am sorry. I will pray for his soul and for your family.
I lost my grandmother on Wed. It is hard to lose a loved one.

You bet, LostSheepToo; for the repose of your dad’s soul, for you and your family in your grief and for his kind medical helpers. My mom died after a very brief battle with lung cancer in 1987. My heart goes out to you.

Be assured that your dad is praying for you, too.

Lord those who die still live in your presence and your saints rejoice in complete happiness. Listen to our prayer for your son who passed from the light of this world, and bring him to the joy of eternal radiance. Forever and ever. Amen

Heavenly Father, embrace with Your loving arms, Mark’s father into your eternal banquet of joy. Comfort his family in this time of suffering in union with the cross. Bless abundantly all medical staff who care for Mark’s father with salvific graces. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :gopray2:

You certainly can ask for prayers. I will add your intentions to my night prayers. May the Lord comfort you and your family in this time of grief. My father-in-law passed from lung cancer 3 years ago. I’m sorry.

Paul

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers, it is comforting to know that people understand and care. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Mark

***† JMJTJ †

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***
***May you be consoled in your loss; and may your Father rest in peace.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen*

***God bless you † ***

Jesus please give consolation and may blessings to Mark and his family. Please welcome his father’s soul with great joy.
Please bless Mark for his prayer for others at this time of grieving.

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.