The DeutroCanonical Books

Alright, I was wondering. Is there any way other than the ECFs to prove the DC Books? Figureing that a protestant could say, "Oh well the Gnostics were an early Christian sect and they had their own ‘Sacred Scripture’ but, theirs isn’t and niether are the ‘Apochrpal’ books."
Is there anything we can do to make it an air tight open shut case in which a Fundie couldn’t wiggle out of?
Just wondering 'cause I am dealing with one (through letter coresponance) and I want to look ahead and cut him of at the pass.

If there was a conclusion air-tight beyond a shadow of a doubt they would likely be in Protestant Bibles. People choose to interpret how they want, you will never win that battle.

Only a genuine search for the Truth will change someone’s mind, IMHO.

[quote=awalt]If there was a conclusion air-tight beyond a shadow of a doubt they would likely be in Protestant Bibles. People choose to interpret how they want, you will never win that battle.

Only a genuine search for the Truth will change someone’s mind, IMHO.
[/quote]

Well, we have plenty of air-tight arguments. The Papacy, The Eucharist, and Confession but, they still don’t beleive. So I would figure just because they don’t beleive them there isn’t a way to Game, Set, Match it.

5 Myths About 7 Books is a good article on all this.

BTW Montie, ask him why Protestant scholars Gleason Archer and G.C. Chirichigno point out that out of 373 OT quotes in the NT 340 of them (90%) are from the Septuagint. Get these!

DC quotes in the NT is also very good.
Pax tecum,

CM, as always your there to help me. We need to get together and write a book with all the stuff we’ve been talking about. We could have a best seller. Smiles We could call it Christianity by the Book: How Chatholicism is Biblical. Laughs Or how about German Protestantism (as apposed to Loaraine Brottneers Roman Catholicism) Smiles even bigger

Pax tecum Brother.

[quote=Montie Claunch]CM, as always your there to help me. We need to get together and write a book with all the stuff we’ve been talking about. We could have a best seller. Smiles We could call it Christianity by the Book: How Chatholicism is Biblical. Laughs Or how about German Protestantism (as apposed to Loaraine Brottneers Roman Catholicism) Smiles even bigger

Pax tecum Brother.
[/quote]

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif
Pax tecum, :thumbsup:

Thanks for the posts. I think the German Protestanism will be a smash hit. No, wait. I have an even better Idea. Comic books. We will use the writing name (like Mark Twain). We will call ourshelves Jack Dude. :smiley:

[quote=Montie Claunch]Thanks for the posts. I think the German Protestanism will be a smash hit. No, wait. I have an even better Idea. Comic books. We will use the writing name (like Mark Twain). We will call ourshelves Jack Dude. :smiley:
[/quote]

I’m trying to imagine just what this Catholic tract / comic book would look like, this “Jack Dude”. And everytime I try to put Catholic teaching together with that comic book style, I get the heebie jeebies. :eek:

Don’t do it!

I can see the new Chick tract now “Chic vs Dude: Showdown in Purgatory”

[quote=Chris G]I’m trying to imagine just what this Catholic tract / comic book would look like, this “Jack Dude”. And everytime I try to put Catholic teaching together with that comic book style, I get the heebie jeebies. :eek:

Don’t do it!

I can see the new Chick tract now “Chic vs Dude: Showdown in Purgatory”
[/quote]

Alright I will try and contain CM. But, you know him. He once he has a idea in his mind nothing can stop him.

[quote=Montie Claunch]Thanks for the posts. I think the German Protestanism will be a smash hit. No, wait. I have an even better Idea. Comic books. We will use the writing name (like Mark Twain). We will call ourshelves Jack Dude. :smiley:
[/quote]

Who you calling Dude?

He’d enjoy that one. Lots of demons to draw!

I think this may be the help you are looking for. The deutrocanonical books are in the Septuigent. The septuigent is the canon of the Old testement that the apostles used. Therefore to reputiate the deutrocaononical you have put out the idea that the apostles used the incorrect oldtestement which that wouldnt get far.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.