The Devil and His Temptations

Alright… so the Devil is a very tricky person and loves to fool everyone he can and bring them to Hell with him. What things are there that one could say, do, ect. to avoid the Devil’s temptations? Rosary? Specific Saints? Chaplets? Prayers? Anything… Thanks.

• Vjnycguy

Yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Simple answer, but seriously, yes. Your question is very broad. If there’s a specific type of temptation, there would be different saints, prayers, and chaplets that I or anyone else would probably recommend. To so non-specific an issue, all anyone can really say is… yes.

Haha, alrighty then! Thanks.

All of the above! :smiley:

And, Sacraments of Reconciliation and Mass regularly, along with daily prayer times.

Avoid easy stuff…be weary of large crowds…always be honest…this is where I started…you’re a young buck. As am I. But I hope this helps.

Paz:thumbsup:

Anyone who comes across this thread about the temptation of the devil I would like to direct you to two books.

One is a classic CS Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters

The other is a shameless plug for my own book which will deal with spiritual warfare in the style of Mr Lewis.

My book is called The Joy of the Lord of which the first 7 chapters can be found at scribd.com/amarp_49

St Michael the archangel, defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil
May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou O Prince of the Heavenly Host
By the power of God, cast into hell,
Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world
seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

From some of the statements in your signature block vjnycguy, you may enjoy the recently-released “Church Militant Field Manual” by Fr Richard Heilman. Good, simple and above-all ***Catholic *** textbook of how to improve your spiritual life. It’s the first book I’ve found without using high-falutin’ language that shows me, step by step, on how to slowly and incrementally bring into my life those actions that will bring me closer to God.

:thumbsup:

Good thread for Spirituality Forum.

CLOSED

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.