"The Devil Inside" Movie

Really, Hollywood? Another one? Really?

We'll see how this one plays out, but I think we can already predict the familiar pattern here: "Based on true story." Church fails to adequately deal with problem. Family takes matters into its own hands by seeking out "real" exorcist, located (as always) in dark, dingy room. Little mention of Christ. Faith pitted against science. In the end, evil prevails.

Notable YouTube trailer comment: "Interesting how Satan is really 'the star' in hollywood nowadays..." Indeed.

Anyone else hear about this?

The movie you mentioned runs for a total of six minutes, and was filmed at the cost of $30.
imdb.com/title/tt2050495/

It seems to be be intended for web viewing. I don’t think Hollywood as much to do with it.

[quote="Dale_M, post:2, topic:260519"]
The movie you mentioned runs for a total of six minutes, and was filmed at the cost of $30.

imdb.com/title/tt2050495/

It seems to be be intended for web viewing. I don't think Hollywood as much to do with it.

[/quote]

Whoops... I suppose I should have provided a link before. Here's the one I'm referring to: imdb.com/title/tt1560985/

Oh! Okay, I apologize for the misdirection. :blush:

Yep, it seems Hollywood has its hands on this one.

It still is an ultra low budget film, with the director also serving as the co-screenwriter and as one of the two film editors. Production cost is well less than $1 million. Here is one review of the trailer

Back in 2009, after the insane success of the first Paranormal Activity, Paramount announced that they were opening a division of their production company devoted strictly to microbudget horror flicks in the $100,000 to $200,000 range. Now, two years later, we’re finally about to see the first of these movies hit theatres. The Devil Inside is (you guessed it) another found footage film directed by William Brent Bell (Stay Alive), and despite feeling very familiar, the first trailer is pretty effective.

Fernanda Andrade plays Isabella Rossi, a young Italian woman who is investigating the world of exorcisms after her mother reportedly killed three people during her own exorcism. Obviously The Last Exorcism comes to mind, not to mention the Spanish film Exorcismus and even The Asylum’s own Annaliese: The Exorcist Tapes. The acting might be a bit suspect, but this looks creepy enough that it could be better than some of the other [junk] that typically infests theatres in January. The Devil Inside will be released on January 6th; check out the first trailer after the jump and see what you think.

filmjunk.com/2011/10/19/the-devil-inside-trailer/

Thanks for that. They get an extra point for frugality, I suppose. :wink:

Never heard of it. There's a song by INXS called "Devil Inside." :shrug:

[quote="havana1, post:6, topic:260519"]
Never heard of it. There's a song by INXS called "Devil Inside." :shrug:

[/quote]

Nope, this one's a movie. :)

Here's a link to the trailer, if you feel so inclined: youtube.com/watch?v=D3OueEU7Otg

I suspect we'll hear more about it as we move closer to Jan. 6.

This doesn't look scary or very good. I won't see exorcism films because they're too scary even for me. And I like scary films like IT. But I know the content is based on reality which is in and of it self frightening.

Somebody should make a movie about Malachi Martin's book. His views on exorcism are fascinating.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TqtySnOAqM

I saw the trailer during the opening previews of Paranormal Activity 3. I don't think I'll see it. I have a problem with Hollywood making light of something so serious, just to make a buck.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.