The easiest FASTESt way to bypass all the road blocks

Ok I am back. What are the best ways to get your Bishop to stay interested in you? how do you get to first base? are there "right" things to say so that you can keep going on to the next step? Also what Diocese is the most pro vocation. I notice they all talk a good game but there is no follow through. Is the Eastern Church more pro vocations? If the Roman Catholic church keeps rejecting me then time to move on. As long as they are in union with the Pope of course.

I don't know what you've tried or what results you've encountered but, if you feel that God is calling you to a religious vocation, then go and speak to your local priest.

Schedule an appointment. Let the parish office know the topic so that you will have enough time. And tell your priest what is going on. What you've done so far, and what you think God wants you to do. Then, take it from there.

If you have done all these things and your bishop has rejected you for some reason. Then consider his reasoning and whether or not God is really calling you to a religious vocation.

Bypassing the road blocks? Consider that those road blocks are there for a reason.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:1, topic:231691"]
Ok I am back. What are the best ways to get your Bishop to stay interested in you? how do you get to first base? are there "right" things to say so that you can keep going on to the next step? Also what Diocese is the most pro vocation. I notice they all talk a good game but there is no follow through. Is the Eastern Church more pro vocations? If the Roman Catholic church keeps rejecting me then time to move on. As long as they are in union with the Pope of course.

[/quote]

try the Diocese of Rochester, NY....

Have you made it to the application process with your diocese?

If not were you given a reason. You don't have to share that reason with us but do you feel it was valid?

What does your spiritual director say? What does your spiritual director think of the reasons (if you were given one)?

Have you tried any other groups? I take it you feel called to the secular priesthood. Have you looked into any other dioceses?

Having a feeling of being called does not always mean you are called, this would go back to any reasons the diocese may have given you either for not allowing you into the application process or for turning down your application.

Again, did you make it into the application process? If not any reason? If you did make it into the application process then you most likely were given a reason why you did not proceed any further.

Have you spoken to your spiritual director about these things?

IMHO you are coming off here as someone with a persecution complex. That you feel you are owed ordination. No one has a right to ordination. You feel you have been unfairly treated and are upset that some of us here do not tell you what you want to hear. We do not even have one side of the story as you have not really told us anything that has happened.

The Eastern Churches most likely would not accept you as a candidate. First you would need to switch Churches, which is a lenghty process, about 2 to 5 years depending on the bishop. Then they would require you to worship in the Church for another 2 to 5 years before entertaining any idea of accepting you as a candidate. It is my understanding that age may be an issue for you. If that is so, another 4 to 10 years will only make that worse.

Also you would not be switching to the East out of a love for the East but out of frustration with your perceived lack of movement on your vocation in the West, that is not a reason to switch Churches.

I know you feel a calling but maybe you do not have one. This is something you need to explore with your spiritual director. It is something I went though. I almost gave up but then found the right place. It took me over 5 years, a talk with a metropolitian, a meeting with 4 different vocation directors, two "come and see" retreats, and many many talks with both a spiritual director and priests who I felt were mentors to me.

Also keep in mind that a diocesen vocation director is also usually a pastor of a parish so they do not always have the time to put into it that you wish they did.

I pray this helps you out a bit.

It sounds like you have been to several Diocese with an application but you may really need to sit and pray if you have a vocation to the priesthood. Maybe you are getting told you need to be in the religious life or maybe you are called to marriage. Just pray, go to Mass, and go to Adoration for a while. Slow down a bit. There will never be a fast track to getting into seminary, it's a long road but should be an enjoyable road as you get to learn about yourself and God.

God bless

To ByzCath. I PMed you.. God Bless

I am really sorry for the darkness lately I ask ALL who read my messages to please pray for me, Forgive me and look past my negativity and I will try to be genuinly cheery and looking for the good. I love all of you and really mean it.. I truly LOVE the Catholic Church always will.Family members can hurt each other but still love each other. . So Pray that I find the right Diocese that could use a priest with my qualities. God Bless. Scoob.

At your age with out a bachelors degree it is going to be very hard to find a diocese that will accept you.

You are also past the age that most religious communities would look at you.

Basiclly it is the lack of a bachelors degree (which is required) that is the problem.

Maybe you are not called to the priesthood even though you feel that you are.

Have you looked into this with your spiritual director?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.